Passed ICND1!

adrianm68adrianm68 Posts: 65Member ■■□□□□□□□□
Woo hoo! Passed it! Thank you Jeremy Cioara at CBT Nuggets! and Odom and the Cisco press book. Also to Lammle and the ITPro.tv team.

All great resources. I purchased a 3550 switch and a 2811 router. Important, but so goddamned noisy! When I couldn't stand the noise, I used GNS3.

Onto ICND2....
2017 Goals: Cisco: [x]Switch [ ]Route [ ]Tshoot

Cisco engineer's command to teach his dog to sit: "no stand"

Comments

• MrLamont42MrLamont42 Posts: 1Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just passed it today too...I thought this test was more difficult than the old ICND1 but so glad I passed!
  • Node ManNode Man Posts: 668Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Posts: 1,472Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
  • adrianm68adrianm68 Posts: 65Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    So I have had a think about how noisy my cisco gear is and decided that if I am going to spend more time on them for the ICND2, then I need to find a way to quieten them down or get new kit that is quieter. So after a bit of web searching. I have decided to disable the fans and see how long they last without them. Kind of a test for testings sake. They were cheap anyway, and easy to replace. I have them on for about 4 hours a day in an environment around 20 degrees c.

Two days in and they are not complaining any more than a log message. So far so good! And quiet! My PC is the loudest equipment in the room....

I'll report back in a week or so...

• greg9891greg9891 Posts: 1,163Member ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats!
    Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.
  • Welly_59Welly_59 Posts: 431Member
    Did you just unplug the fans?
    Yep. There is just a fan cable that can be easily unplugged. It's still chugging away... :). So lovely and quiet!

• CenponCenpon Posts: 9Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have to take this test in 3 weeks. Can you give a day by day game plan. I have the exact materials you had.
  • GmvProjectGmvProject Posts: 11Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratz!
    Cenpon wrote: »
    I have to take this test in 3 weeks. Can you give a day by day game plan. I have the exact materials you had.

Looking at your certs, I'd say your study plan would be far different to mine!