Network+ in 2 hours!

MJK9550MJK9550 Posts: 160Member
Have done lots of studying and doing some practice tests flashcards until the exam.

Wish me luck!

Comments

• Skyliinez92Skyliinez92 Level 99 Wizard Posts: 788Mod Mod
    Good luck!
    Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. - Richard Branson
  • stryder144stryder144 Posts: 1,565Member ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good luck!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • A+ QuizzicalA+ Quizzical Posts: 25Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck bud
    How did it go?
    Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. - Richard Branson
  • MJK9550MJK9550 Posts: 160Member
    Not too bad, I was close but unfortunately didn't pass.

I was a little annoyed because there were a few questions that weren't covered by anything I studied. Also I was rushed, I had 40 minutes left but I had to leave because my baby had a doctors appointment, I'm going to make sure to not have anything to do afterwards next time so I can review the questions with the extra time.

Oh well now I know what I need to go over and I will take it again in a week or two and pass for sure!

Two of the simulations made pretty much no sense at all to me which was frustrating.
  • tmtextmtex Posts: 326Member
    So you knew you had a Dr appt at X time but scheduled a test that would run into that time ?
    Sorry to hear that. Check out my study guide and prep for the exam. Maybe it will help:

- Watch all of Professor Messers videos and make notes where I can - Professor Messer's CompTIA N10-006 Network+ Training Course | Professor Messer IT Certification Training Courses
    - Thoroughly study the notes and go over each one.
    - Use the CompTIA Net+ objectives and mark each section as a checklist so I knew every point that could come up in the exam (this really helped): https://certification.comptia.org/do...objectives.pdf
    - Go over Darril Gibsons book if you can. I haven't used it myself but heard a lot of good reviews.
    - Use practice tests to test your knowledge (I recommend MeasureUp over ExamCompass but paid for):
    IT Certification Practice Tests and Exams | Online Courses | MeasureUp (Paid for but excellent)
    http://www.examcompass.com/comptia/network-plus-certification/free-network-plus-practice-tests (Free but not as detailed or structured)

Advice for the exam:
    - SKIP the simulation questions until last. They may pop up at the very start and catch you offguard. They take the most time to complete so leave them until later (there's usually only 2 or 3).
    - Go through all multiple choice questions and answer the ones you are 100% or near confident in. Don't spend too long on a single question. If you don't know one, flag it and come back later.
    - Stick with your first answer. Usually your gut instinct choice is right first time, and when I changed my mind I got it wrong.

You are timed so you need to progress quickly, but don't rush. Take your time and follow what I did and you are bound to pass.

Good luck!
    No my wife called and made our 4 month old an appointment for a possible ear infection, but she had to work and made the appointment for 2:30 when my test started at 1:30. I was able to call and get them to reschedule it to 3 but that was the best they could do. It was annoying but I had to take her of course to make sure she was okay.

Thanks for the tips. I thought I was pretty prepared, I had been getting 90s on all of my practice tests. A few of the questions though I literally had no idea what to do because it was stuff that wasn't covered in anything I used to study. Oh well now I know what to expect and what I need to study more, also I don't have to spend the money on the vouchers, I get them through my school for $15 which is nice so its no biggie. Ill take it again in a week or so and pass for sure.
  • zdg7zdg7 Posts: 1Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow $15 vouchers? That's so awesome! Wish they did that when I was in school, holy cow.
    It is awesome lol going to do CEH for 15$, can't beat that.

Update: Just did my retake and passed! On to the security+ in a few weeks!