Options

Retention Bonuses?

13»

Comments

• Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Tell them to put it in writing, whatever great things that are coming! See how that goes!
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @ dhay, my personal opinion. They are partnering with another company and they will be transitioning the operations to the new partner. Just what the clues and my gut tell me.

Either way I don't want anything to do with it.
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the new job, sounds like you made the right decision based on some of your coworker responses.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    They are now asking me to keep an eye out for them when I get to the new place, lol.

Of course I will for the co workers I like and have a solid relationship with. You know how this sort of thing goes.

Either way decompressing, looking forward to a lunch date tomorrow, another lunch date with a 11 month year old little girl and on Friday a former boss. Reallllllllly excited about the back end of my week.
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ... Reallllllllly excited about the back end of my week. ...

Glad it worked out. Congrats and I hope that you enjoy the new role.
  • Options
    Just found out they did merge and the data back end operations will eventually be heading to the company they merged with.

Sounds like I dodged a bullet. I still have a friend who is back there and he says the morale is about zero at this point. Senior leadership all got a promo, but the worker bee's didn't get anything.

During the announcement (going off of second hand info) they said that the transition plan wasn't finalized yet so they couldn't answer up coming questions. Sounded like the operations team started to get loud and aggressive. Glad I wasn't a part of that.
  • Options
    ITSec14ITSec14 Member Posts: 398 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just read this full post...

It's ridiculous how managers can treat people so poorly when they announce they are leaving. Money certainly can't always buy happiness.

Good for you! Best of luck in your new gig.
  • Options
    sillymcnastysillymcnasty Member Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you give 2 weeks notice or just bounce?
  • Options
    labscloudlabscloud Member Posts: 137 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! Once "bad morale" has taken hold of several employees, it sucks going to a job like that everyday!
  • Options
    Did you give 2 weeks notice or just bounce?

I gave 2 full weeks, but they let me go early. I was paid for the 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Just spoke to my friend via phone, evidently it got really nasty. People getting loud about how they have spent 8 years hear and now they feel like management is trying to screw them. Most certainly glad I am not there anymore. That's for darn sure.

Sounds like another analyst is looking, according to my friend. Now they are taking programmers and turning them into data analyst, not sure how this is going to work out. When someone leaves they don't back fill. Management gives a speech about how this will help create stability so when rounds of cuts come they already have made their sacrifical lambs.

Just so bad......
  • Options
    sillymcnastysillymcnasty Member Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just spoke to my friend via phone, evidently it got really nasty. People getting loud about how they have spent 8 years hear and now they feel like management is trying to screw them. Most certainly glad I am not there anymore. That's for darn sure.

Sounds like another analyst is looking, according to my friend. Now they are taking programmers and turning them into data analyst, not sure how this is going to work out. When someone leaves they don't back fill. Management gives a speech about how this will help create stability so when rounds of cuts come they already have made their sacrifical lambs.

Just so bad......

Sheeeeesh.

And yeah, even if they didn't give you the two weeks paid... with those responses I woulda been like yeaaaah I'm cleaning out my desk today. Bye