Passed the 70-410 this morning!

drakerdraker Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, I took my very first ever certification exam today. The 70-410. Having never taken one of these before I wasn't sure what to expect, but as I sat down and started clicking through the questions I felt like I was getting the upper hand on this exam. I've been studying for the last 4+ months or so.

I've been a Sysadmin for the last 7 years. Primarily focused various versions of Windows Server. Even then, if I would not have studied, I would not have passed. The experience did help (I'm guessing), on those questions you get on the test you just didn't study for.

Materials used:

CBT Nuggets
Infinity Skills
testout/labsim
MS 70-410 Reference Book
Experience
I found what helped me was breaking the exam into the 6 objectives and then taking notes on each one. Breaking those down into the sub-objectives. I would add to those notes after reading/watching content on the objective from various sources. Everyone has a different take on the objective and covers some slightly different content.

After doing all of that.. I passed this morning with an 830.

Now on to the 411. I studied pretty hard for the last few weeks, I'll take a few days off while I research material for the 411. I'm guessing I'll keep with the testout subscription. It's pretty handy with LabSim. Probably one of the best resources, other than experience.
Break time..!

Comments

• Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 615 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I'm looking to take this one in a few weeks.
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the exam... i been looking around for material for the 411 myself. So many books but don't know which one to start out with. I came across the exam Ref MCSA 70-411 .. just started with that one so far.. One of my co-workers gave me MSCA windows server 2012 r2 administration study guide 70-411.. He had it in a pdf format so i will have to check that out later.

If you find any other good material or better books please let me know,
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • drakerdraker Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Will do. I'll probably pick up the 70-411 exam reference book. I wasn't too impressed with the 70-410 book and it was full of typo's and mistakes, but the practice questions were pretty nice. Also some of the exam tips were helpful.

I'll probably find a few books to read.. we'll see what Amazon reviews says is good.
    Break time..!
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,177 ■■■■■■■□□□
    CONGRATSicon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif Knew you could it.
    Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.
  • AvgITGeekAvgITGeek 70-410, 70-411 Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job!

There isn't a whole lot of good material for the 411 and 412 printed wise I've found. If I thought TechNet was my friend for the 410, it became my significant other for the 411 and now with the 412.
  • CertifiedMonkeyCertifiedMonkey Member Posts: 172 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and great score! I'm glad that the voucher was put to good use. :)
  • drakerdraker Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and great score! I'm glad that the voucher was put to good use. :)
    Thanks again!
    Break time..!
  • jertsyjertsy Member Posts: 14 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, im on the 70-411 now.
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow, great job! And especially with that being your first ever certification exam and getting such a high score! I'm impressed! Good luck on the 411, I'm sure you'll do great!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"