CIA Hacking Into Smart TV's, etc

2»

Comments

• NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    TacoRocket wrote: »
    This will be my last reply to your comment on this thread because obviously you haven't taken the time in between the last one to actually do research. Now you look silly.

First. It is a security violation according to the DoD. If you don't have a clearance or don't mean to get one this does not affect you. I don't care if you click on it and you're DoD. It's your clearance and not mine. Here is a PDF you can read from the DoD on this matter since you don't know how Google works https://fas.org/sgp/othergov/dod/wl-notice.pdf

Second the media can access the Wikileaks because there has been court rulings about that. Here is another link about the media and classified material since you still don't know what Google is. While they may not have complete protection, why not let them take the risk, not you personally? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/10/17/remember-its-illegal-to-possess-wikileaks-clinton-emails-but-its-different-for-the-media-says-cnns-chris-cuomo/

Lastly, its not like clicking on it and boom your clearance is gone. This is something brought up when it comes to renewal. Where if you lie that can lead to them not renewing your clearance. Since it is a violation, you do have to report it, by DoD policy you need to speak with your ISM. I don't personally care if you do or not. Your ignorance on the matter is appalling.

What I find hilarious above this is we are talking about CIA leaks. You probably know about the NSA leaks. The CIA leaks talk about them getting into IoT devices. You think the DoD doesn't watch Wikileaks? Yes you have a right to privacy but if this is your political stand as a DoD clearance holder this is a really weak one. If you're not then your argument about DoD policy is ignorant or you just don't know to Google. I would expect something better from someone like you on this forum. Not this.

TLDR: If you don't have a clearance or don't care about getting one go click the links. If you have clearance or want to keep one please get the information indirectly. In the end, it is not my clearance who has the potential to be lost.

CNN is fake news. Lets get that out of the way.
    Find me a person in the govt or contractor that have lost their clearance. So far you didnt post any article of that.
    "shall not access" CNN, fox news, facebook, instagram have posted this. Everyone had access to it. Give me an article that shows a person who accessed it and lost their clearance.

CNN telling me what to do. WTF is this china?
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ah yes ... CNN. Fond memories of the 2016 election.

"Remember, it’s illegal to possess WikiLeaks Clinton emails, but it’s different for the media" CNN’s Chris Cuomo
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The real accomplishment here is that many are conditioned to lash out at mainstream media outlets like never before; while the data released by Russian mouthpieces such as Assange and his WikiLeaks organization goes largely unquestioned.
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks Taco!!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    The days of the random white van sitting outside someone's home is over. We can argue until we're blue in the face regarding the ethics behind it, but it will never change. The government will not allow oversight from the public for surveillance and spying operations - for obvious reasons.

If you think any of your IoT items are safe because big corps are looking out for the consumer's privacy, I have some terrible news.

If you don't want people snooping through your stuff, stay off the internet. Otherwise, your local spy agency and neighborhood neck beard will get their opportunity.
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    CIA lurk wikileaks and reddit /netsec so it's plausible they lurk TE, in conclusion TACOROCKET is getting down voted by the CIA.
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN