Options

Pursuit of Security+ Leads to Cheating Spouse

2»

Comments

• Options
    coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
    My wife is extra happy when I'm studying. That's the only time she can watch those TV Shows I hate lol. There are two types of wives. The one who loves you and the one who doesn't. If she doesn't love you, she will find happiness out of the house no matter you are studying or reading a bible.
    "If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."
  • Options
    Master DelgadoMaster Delgado Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Bright side of the story: it wasn't an EC Council test.

What's so bad about these exams?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Damn man I'm sorry to hear that icon_sad.gif When you start making bank $$$ see if she comes crawling back like a gold digger! hahaha
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    @ A few responses in this thread:

1328554698663.jpg
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    What's so bad about these exams?

I think 2013 (CITATION NEEDED) they were breached, leaked PIA of exam holders/takers. Then they were breached again shortly after, their response was very slow and in turn made the situation worse.

The flip side is CEH and CHFA are both certs WGU uses as transfer credit for one of their Masters programs, HR still has a boner for CEH and/or your organization pays for the testing then why not get it?
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sad to hear this but I don't think the problem was just the studying for a cert test. Sounds like these two had other issues that were driving them apart. Also I don't agree age has anything to do with it. My wife and I married at 25/23 and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I can also understand the frustrations with cert studies though. In the past my wife would get frustrated from time-to-time when I was studying for CCNP because she wanted to spend time with me but I at times had to force myself into studying. However I would consistently talk with her and make sure she knew where I was in my studies, what a timeline looked like, and most importantly what it meant for our family for me to achieve this. She understood and supported me. Also if I or her ever felt I was too deep into study I would give it a break to spend time with her and my family.

Like mentioned before everything in life is about balance. Sure I have heard of these awesome success stories of people nailing down CCIE in less than a year or whatever but honestly at what cost? When I do end up going for it I am going to make sure I have a very solid schedule that my wife / family is prepared for and fully understands. Studying for for any cert I have learned is about structuring your approach. Find time that works for your family, mark that down, and stick to the schedule. If you agree to do 2hrs a day on week days, don't go into 4-5hrs. Mark a timer and stop and ensure you get the family stuff taken care of first.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Honestly, surprised this doesn't happen more often. If you are working and have a family and are studying, then there's not a lot of time left in the day. You really need the support of your significant other, and need to explain what you are doing, why and for how long (that bit is quite important, if it seems like it will never end, it is much harder to deal with).

In this specific case, yeah, there were probably other issues. But honestly, you need to think about these things and talk about them and figure out your priorities.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM