Options

Not getting the right equipment for your job

2»

Comments

• Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Bosses Boss got all cock mode on me end of business, then followed up with did I get deliverable completed. In a very polite way I ripped him and her a new one. I just couldn't take it anymore.

It didn't help I had an interview today for another company. Market is hot, 0 reason to deal with this.

If I get this job I'll give a one day notice, badge, key and 14.5 laptop sitting on my desk with an email to HR with all my previous emails attached. Oh and a nice note explaining that I will be no longer be an employee of the company.

Market it too hot to deal with this trash........

Think of it as an annulment.

Sorry to hear this bro. Best of luck.
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,049 ■■■■■■■■□□
    LeBroke wrote: »
    I died a little inside just reading this.

Hopefully thomas is in a better place now.... :]
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Brought a 24 inch LG in. Chickened out on bringing in my 27, it would of looked way to out of place.

Side note, boss swung by didn't even notice my new monitor.

Very strange feeling. My last job I was the hero, consistently performing heroics, which ultlimately burnt me out.

Now I am just a regular Joe in this large BI shop. Pros and Cons I suppose. (PS still rocking the laptop keyboard and monitor for my primary since I am forced to type on the laptop the laptop monitor is my default. (Ugh......)

Another PS this is a large public company traded on the stock market. Not some mom and pop shop. Again just bizarre.........
  • Options
    BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would buy my own monitors if I had to. I don't have time for a lengthy procurement process if it's hurting my ability to do my job.
  • Options
    BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    blatini wrote: »
    While I generally think people here wildly over recommend finding a new job this definitely warrants it. If you work in IT and are expected to work off of just a laptop - have spoken to your boss and his boss, I would get the **** out of there ASAP. I wouldn't want to imagine what other requests would be like. Can we upgrade the database server? Possibly, let me send my carrier pigeon to get a quote

lol, I agree 100%.
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Side note, since I added the monitor the job has been a lot of fun. Tons of stats and complex SQL, right up my alley.

Seriously, I was depressed having to work on a 14.5 monitor. I literally wanted to quit.
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Side note, since I added the monitor the job has been a lot of fun. Tons of stats and complex SQL, right up my alley.

Seriously, I was depressed having to work on a 14.5 monitor. I literally wanted to quit.

DBAs were meta before meta was cool. Glad it's gotten better man.
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    keenon wrote: »
    put your name on them when you before you take them into the office

I think we all know where that leads.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    LOL. that red stapler..
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    hxhxhxhx Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They should jump if you tell them it's medical related. If not, talk to HR.

Besides that, they can get you 2 24" monitors for like $300...total! Cheap