Options

Possible first InfoSec job

2»

Comments

• Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ok here is my opinion....
    WEAR A SUIT....

It doesn't matter what the interviewers are wearing because they can wear what they want, because they already work for the company AND they are a manager. YOU as the job seeker however do NOT work for the company, are not a manager, and do not get to choose what to wear to your interview. if you want the job wear a suit... if you don't want the job, then don't.
    the best rule of thumb is to dress up, rather then dress down. it is better to wear a suit and not need it, then need it and not have it.
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Errm, My last comment in the thread is about getting an offer. Plus a few comments back, I noted they specifically stated to NOT wear a suit or a tie but dress business casual.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    alias454 wrote: »
    Errm, My last comment in the thread is about getting an offer. Plus a few comments back, I noted they specifically stated to NOT wear a suit or a tie but dress business casual.

I had the same experience at my current employer. I received a word of appreciation for following that simple request. If they ask, do it. They have their reasons.
  • Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    alias454 wrote: »

Oh....its Friday and I woke up thinking it was Thursday... My apologies... I failed to read your comments about what they said.
    Glad you got the offer! Congrats!
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    Thanks and no worries ;). When I get the official offer letter, I will write up a more detailed post on the process and the role since it may be helpful for others.
  • Options
    FWIW, I wore a tie to the second interview not a suit. I got an offer from them as well.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Whats the salary and job responsibilities?
  • Options
    When I initially talked with the Recruiter they said the salary was around 80k. I didn't get too specific on pay and benis for the second job since I already accepted the first position. The role was for a Linux Systems Administrator. It was mostly infrastructure management and automation.