Options

Have a degree and multiple certifications but no job experience! No one will hire me

13»

Comments

• Options
    Basic85Basic85 Member Posts: 189 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Usually high turnover IT call centers will anyone with a pulse so you can start there if you want.
  • Options
    NiTech-5NiTech-5 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    (Copying my reply from a previous thread...)

Also look into junior positions. There's quite a few out there for:

-Junior Cyber Threat Analyst
    -Junior SOC
    -Junior Security Administrator.

Lots of them only incorporate requirements such as: 1 year of experience, a Bachelors (any field), and basic certifications (eg: Security+) . It wouldn't hurt to apply.

Edit: Location is also a critical factor as well. Most of the junior positions seem to be in the East Coast if you're in the States.
    • Education: BA; MA (a concentration in Cyber/IT Risk Management); Later: MS in Cybersecurity @ WGU, 2020
    • Certs in Progress: Security+ Sy0-501 (late-August or early Sept 2018 )
    • Late 2018/ Early 2019 Goals: CCENT then CCNA Security
    • Self-Taught Programming: Python; SQL (basic)
  • Options
    infosecsinfosecs Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I know that companies like Accenture take graduates in without any experience.

I've seen other job posting like this, so have a look around.
    graduates as in fresh interns. Someone trying to get into cyber security from IT admin side obviously will fall through the cracks. And this is exactly what is happening.
    These are the very people who are trying extremely hard to gain knowledge, often at their own cost and money, gain certifications only to be told that there are no vacancies for them.
    And when the drive back home dejected what do they hear - That another study has just declared that cyber security talent shortage is worsening and so many thousands more are needed in next x months!