Self study to Pass 901

dangshawtyokdangshawtyok Posts: 7Registered Users ■■□□□□□□□□
I took my 220-901 exam today and was presented a total of 82 questions. Passed with a 749!!!! No prior IT professional experiences. I used Prof Messer's videos and notes. Also took quizzes on exam compass and watch all the youtube videos I could. Did this in 4 weeks time. Very proud of myself hehe. Going to use the next two weeks to prepare for 220-902 so I can earn the A+ cert and begin my journey into the IT field. Thanks everyone who's helped me so far.

Comments

• PCTechLincPCTechLinc CISSP, CHFI, CEH, MCSA Server 2008, Project+, Security+ce, Server+, Network+, A+ King City, CAPosts: 621Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    Awesome job!  You will probably find that there is a lot of overlap with the 901/902 objectives, but I feel that the hardest part about those exams are memorizing the facts that we don't use on a daily basis (RAM and CPU bus speeds, the number of pins on each processor, etc).  Good luck with 902!
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • dangshawtyokdangshawtyok Posts: 7Registered Users ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, I've also heard the 902 was the "easier“ part of the cert exam so I'm hoping it's true. 
  • Skyliinez92Skyliinez92 Level 99 Wizard Posts: 817Mod Mod
    edited January 18
    Congrats on the pass! Professor Messer is an invaluable study source for the CompTIA certs.
    Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. - Richard Branson
  • ITPadawan21ITPadawan21 Posts: 2Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    What were your study hours like? Currently working at help desk and studying in the evening, wish I could do 901 in 4 weeks!
  • dangshawtyokdangshawtyok Posts: 7Registered Users ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm actually on parental leave, very fortunate that my current workplace offers paid leave for fathers as well. So I would study anytime I get when my baby was sleeping, usually 4-6 hours a day and a couple hours a night. I like my workplace, just not my current job, and I hope to get a into an IT Support role after I get the certification 
  • dammetsdammets Posts: 8Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took my 220-901 exam today and was presented a total of 82 questions. Passed with a 749!!!! No prior IT professional experiences. I used Prof Messer's videos and notes. Also took quizzes on exam compass and watch all the youtube videos I could. Did this in 4 weeks time. Very proud of myself hehe. Going to use the next two weeks to prepare for 220-902 so I can earn the A+ cert and begin my journey into the IT field. Thanks everyone who's helped me so far.
    I'm trying to do the same thing - no IT experience and self-studying using Professor Messer. May I ask how you're studying and what your habits are? I find myself watching the videos and writing down his notes for reinforcement but I'm not sure that's enough.
  • isforcedisforced Posts: 2Registered Users ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would like to know how you pass the 901!
  • Skyliinez92Skyliinez92 Level 99 Wizard Posts: 817Mod Mod
    isforced said:
    I would like to know how you pass the 901!
    Check out this thread.
    Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. - Richard Branson