Any recent CGEIT Exam Takers?

tjkobertjkober Junior MemberPosts: 4Registered Users ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm within about a month of feeling ready to take the exam and thought I'd see if anyone has taken it recently as I'm curious on where it ranks one anyone's estimated difficulty scale in comparison with my CISSP, CISM, and recent CRISC exams?

I've tried to read the official CGEIT review manual a few times but it's pretty tough sledding (very, very dry and disjointed imo) so now I'm focusing on learning the concepts from the Q&A Review manual and planning on going through the free Cobit material on the ISACA website in detail in the coming weeks.

Any feedback on other areas to focus, materials available or your experience with the exam difficulty is much appreciated!
Tagged:

Answers

• DZA_DZA_ Untitled. Posts: 333Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm sure that @kaiju has a thread going for CGEIT as well and that he can chime in on it.  
  • kaijukaiju Posts: 321Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    I have the manual and the QA&E. Since the QA&E isn't available online I am making my own test engine so I can gauge my weak areas and then supplement it with COBIT and other material. I will most likely take my CGEIT at the end of next month. I have already read the manual a couple times but creating the test engine has been slow and tedious process. ISACA, like most other cert makers, loves to clump several clauses together or use double negatives in a sentence. It takes a lot of self control to NOT correct those issues while making the test engine. 
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • tjkobertjkober Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took and passed the exam on Friday.  Compared to all my other certifications I found the questions much more straightforward and I easily finished in about 2 hours.  I skimmed through the official certification guide 3 times to get a feel for the content and went through the Q&A guide probably 6 times.  I feel I was way over prepared which is where I like to be of course.  Hope you all have the same results, good luck!
  • kaijukaiju Posts: 321Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! I will take mine next month. lately I have been too busy to devout study time to CGEIT.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!