eLearnSecurity Exploit Developer Student - New Course

EnderWigginEnderWiggin Posts: 551Member ■■■■□□□□□□
Looks like eLS is pumping out another new offering soon. They're calling it Student, which makes it sound like it'll be a shorter, easier course, similar to PTS. Guess we'll see in a few weeks at the launch.

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 California Kid Posts: 2,795Mod Mod
    I’m super pumped for this. An entry level exploit dev course is something I’ve been hoping for for a while. 
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • new2Secnew2Sec Posts: 24Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am completely soured on els. In May, they were acquired by INE, and since that time, Armando and Jens have left.  This is not the company of old.  Years ago, great reviews and an excellent product. Based on their past few courses, their quality and support has diminished greatly. 

Before, the quality had a chance to be worthwhile. Now with no accountability, we get courses like IHRPv1  

Using a phrase from their Digital Forensics course (Filesystem Analysis-Module 5, p312) What they now offer is frugal manure.

Student level or not. I suggest keeping our expectations as low as possible, so when they fail to meet that, it won't hurt so bad.  

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 California Kid Posts: 2,795Mod Mod
    Oh snap! I didn’t know they were acquired by INE and that Armando was gone. I hope the course is good and not overpriced. Guess we’ll see. 
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    Yep.
    (Sorry, can't post links..)

• JDMurrayJDMurray Certification Invigilator Surf City, USAPosts: 11,381Admin Admin
    I have access to INE via my employer, but I haven't seen any eLS courses appear yet. Maybe that content a separate licensing deal that needs to be made.

And Frugal Manure is a great gaming handle. Claim it while you can still be the first to own it! :D
  • tedjamestedjames Scruffy-looking nerfherdr Posts: 1,021Member ■■■■■■□□□□
    JDMurray said:
    And Frugal Manure is a great gaming handle. Claim it while you can still be the first to own it! :D
    Sounds more like a racehorse name. "Coming around the back, it's Frugal Manure for the win!"
  • chrisonechrisone CISSP, CRTP, eCPPT, LFCS, CEH, Azure Fundamentals, Retired Cisco NPs Posts: 1,861Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Official INE statement released last Wednesday 
    @new2Sec wasn't lying , even though he is a elearn hater :lol: 

https://ine.com/blogs/ine-news-updates/ine-expands-cybersecurity-content-with-elearnsecurity
    2019 Goals:
    Courses: Real World Red Team Attacks- AppSec Cali 2019 (complete), Active Directory Attacks for Red and Blue Teams Advanced Edition - BlackHat (completed),
    Certs: Certified Red Team Professional - Pentester Academy (passed!), Azure Fundamentals AZ-900 (passed!), Azure Security Engineer Associate AZ-500 (in-progress)
    I am more of an elearn realist.. LOL

Unfortunately, I easily spot their glaring flaws, and hope that they improve. But they don't, they only get worse. 
  • yoba222yoba222 Posts: 1,003Member ■■■■■■□□□□
    edited September 7
    Damn this is terrible news. Please please please eLearnSecurity, don't turn into EC Council!

Edit: Maybe I'm jumping the gun a little. I don't know anything about INE, but I do see they offer an OSCP prep course. Maybe this isn't terrible news.
    2017: GCIH | LFCS
    2018: CySA+ | PenTest+ |CCNA CyberOps
    2019: VHL 20 boxes
    2020: OSCP | CISSP
  • chrisonechrisone CISSP, CRTP, eCPPT, LFCS, CEH, Azure Fundamentals, Retired Cisco NPs Posts: 1,861Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited September 8
    yoba222 said:
    Damn this is terrible news. Please please please eLearnSecurity, don't turn into EC Council!

Edit: Maybe I'm jumping the gun a little. I don't know anything about INE, but I do see they offer an OSCP prep course. Maybe this isn't terrible news.
    Yoba, they are one of the best trainers for the network field. Their labs were awesome for CCNP/CCIE studies. As you know, studying for those certs require lots of equipment. I am sure you can virtualize many of these labs, but INE has you covered. Many will have their opinions about INE but they have always been one of the main players for Cisco workbooks and labs. 

I trust INE in moving eLearnSecurity to the next level in their business model. 

INE = Strong presence and Experience. 
    2019 Goals:
    Courses: Real World Red Team Attacks- AppSec Cali 2019 (complete), Active Directory Attacks for Red and Blue Teams Advanced Edition - BlackHat (completed),
    Certs: Certified Red Team Professional - Pentester Academy (passed!), Azure Fundamentals AZ-900 (passed!), Azure Security Engineer Associate AZ-500 (in-progress)
    edited September 17
    OMG!!! 
    Another incomplete course. What a f-up it was when they conned people into getting the IHRPv1 course....
    I am not impressed.
    Oh wait... it is windows XP. Now I am impressed. More advanced than I expected...

LOL

Real World?? How many XP machines are out there in the wild??