Any others Linux only?

yoba222yoba222 Posts: 1,003Member ■■■■■■□□□□
edited September 9 in Off-Topic
Desktop has been on Ubuntu since 2014-ish. Work Laptop also Linux for as long as I can remember. I do have a Windows 7 instance in a VM for some Office document compatibility--though considering crossover Linux before EOL next year just take it out back and shoot it.

Free as in freedom, though I've enjoyed the beer along the way.
2017: GCIH | LFCS
2018: CySA+ | PenTest+ |CCNA CyberOps
2019: VHL 20 boxes
2020: OSCP | CISSP

Comments

• UnixGuyUnixGuy SABSA, GCFA, GPEN, CISM, RHCE, Security+, Server+, eJPT, CCNA Posts: 4,015Mod Mod
    that used to be me! 

I ran redhat and then ubuntu up until 2012 or 2013 then i moved to Mac for my desktop 
    Goal: MBA, August 2020
  • Swift6Swift6 RHCSA, LPIC-1, SCA, LINUX+, NETWORK+, CWTS, VCA5-DCV, ZCNP, MCSA, ITIL-F ScotlandPosts: 252Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Exclusively Linux desktop for me. Had a separate Windows machine in the past for some applications not available on Linux.
    Now that these applications are accessible from a browser, it's Linux only.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Certification Invigilator Surf City, USAPosts: 11,381Admin Admin
    I recently bought a Chomebook (Asus C434TA) as my travel computer. I realized that most of the work I needed to do away from home involved only the Chrome browser and Web or Cloud resources. The capability to install Android apps and not need to mess with low-level Linux network and video drivers make Chrome very stable and user-friendly. The ability to directly access the Linux CLI subsystem is a bonus feature to me.

This Chromebook experience has moved me to be closer to the "Linux primarily, Windows occasionally" mindset.
  • thomas_thomas_ CompTIA N+/S+/L+; CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S Posts: 884Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    Nope, I still need Windows applications that aren't on Linux.