CySA+ Beta Exam

124»

Comments

• yoba222yoba222 Senior Member Member Posts: 1,087 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hmm highly secure environment (they're making Pearson build SCIFs?). And then I've never taken a high-stakes cert before. Can anyone remember if the exam sim delivered an electric shock if they seemed to get one wrong? Maybe they're saving that feature for when it comes out of beta.

On a more serious note, according to the press release, it looks as if the version two of this exam is adding a bit more application layer security, more on automated incident response tools, and is taking out some of the irrelevant regulation parts.
    2017: GCIH | LFCS
    2018: CySA+ | PenTest+ |CCNA CyberOps
    2019: VHL 20 boxes
    2020: OSCP 2020
  • kbizkkbizk SSCP, Security+ NY, USAMember Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yoba222 said:
    Hmm highly secure environment (they're making Pearson build SCIFs?). And then I've never taken a high-stakes cert before. Can anyone remember if the exam sim delivered an electric shock if they seemed to get one wrong? Maybe they're saving that feature for when it comes out of beta.

On a more serious note, according to the press release, it looks as if the version two of this exam is adding a bit more application layer security, more on automated incident response tools, and is taking out some of the irrelevant regulation parts.
    I had quite a few ISC2-like questions (more strategy focused rather than technical) on this beta exam but they were aligned with the new objectives. 
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 929 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Cut Score work shop complete.  Look for your results over the next few weeks.
  • PC509PC509 CISSP, CEH, CCNA: Security/CyberOps, Sec+, CHFI, A+, Proj+, Server+, MCITP Win7, Vista, MCP Server 2 Oregon, USMember Posts: 788 ■■■■■■□□□□
    How are those workshops? I've been wanting to go to one of those (or exam creation ones) in Chicago, but never end up doing it. Yea, it'd be more work stuff, but I think it'd be fun and a good way to get out and help the industry. 
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 929 ■■■■■□□□□□
    PC509 said:
    How are those workshops? I've been wanting to go to one of those (or exam creation ones) in Chicago, but never end up doing it. Yea, it'd be more work stuff, but I think it'd be fun and a good way to get out and help the industry. 
    It's pretty great man.  I take PTO to do it. If you're getting a little burned out it's a great reset to light the fire under you again.  It's not leisure though,  they work you pretty hard, push for accuracy, and you'd better have a pretty thick skin when your material gets peer reviewed. 
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 827 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Agreed.

Sometimes they try to make the question in English or semantics. No punches are thrown but egos may be bruised.
  • PC509PC509 CISSP, CEH, CCNA: Security/CyberOps, Sec+, CHFI, A+, Proj+, Server+, MCITP Win7, Vista, MCP Server 2 Oregon, USMember Posts: 788 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I think with something like that, egos need to be set aside. I know one of the biggest complaints for all the certification exams have been about word(s) or confusing sentences or whatever. Sometimes it is basic semantics, but it should be 100% correct and concise. If you've done something your whole career and called it one thing, but it's just something else - go by the industry standard, not what you know it as. It's the standards, not the best practices for a lot of things, I guess. 

I still get taught how to do things by some end users. I do it one way, they do it the right way. I use it once a decade, they use that feature daily. It's nice to learn something new. :)