Options

Which certifications did you let expire and why?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Johnhe0414Johnhe0414 Registered Users Posts: 191 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I let go of Security+ and A+ as my job role had changed. Currently, my position is more of a project manager role. I really wanted to keep my Security+ but did not have the time to invest keeping it. Both certifications served me well and now I am pursing the PMP.  
    Current: Network+ | Project+ 
    Working on: PMP
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I let go of Security+ and A+ as my job role had changed. Currently, my position is more of a project manager role. I really wanted to keep my Security+ but did not have the time to invest keeping it. Both certifications served me well and now I am pursing the PMP.  
    This sums it up for me as well.  Career trajectory changes.
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm simply tired of forking out moola for an expiration date, so most of mine are expired...I believe my CySA+ expires in Jan 2023. 
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    sfportarosfportaro Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think the title is self-explanatory so I am curious to hear your responses. I was triggered by a discussion on my CRISC thread about maintaining credentials because my employer foots the bill. I know for a fact that I would not attempt nor maintain so many certs if I had to pay for all of this out-of-pocket. 

I have let my Cisco, Check Point, and (non-Azure) Microsoft certs expire. I achieved those credentials while in hands-on technical roles and when I moved on to positions that did not require CLI/GUI access to those technologies I let them go. Plus retaking exams was a requirement to maintain them. If there were annual maintenance fees involved that I could expense to my organization then I would have done so. 

Related inquiry: Do you continue to list your expired certs on your CV/resume? For a while I did not, but have recently started doing so again just to capture all of my accomplishments. I event started listing my CompTIA credentials again just for the sake of it though an A+ will not help with the opportunities that I seek out at this stage in my career. 

I had the CSSLP, CRISC and CIPT. I retired about 18 months ago. The CSSLP is the only one I kept. ISC2 is a good organization. ISACA nickels and dimes you something awfully. I was hoping to do remote contracting work. However, it seems impossible to get a contracting job if you are disabled.