Options

IE 7

2»

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    LOL! After the New Year I am sending firefox out via group policy to every pc on our network. I am sending out an email giving a brief explanation of why and how to click on IETAB if anyone receives an error.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    garv221 wrote:
    I didn't like firefox the first time I used it either. Since they released 2.0 and have IETAB, hands down kills IE's pile of ****.

Ok, ok....I tried Firebox 2.0 since I've been using Safari and it's pretty similar (and I'm getting sick of running into sites that Safari cannot open icon_evil.gif )

BUT after a week of using it both at work and home....it's locked up on several sites. I thought things were going well, but after this latest 'update' they forced on me both my MAC and my work PC froze.

Back to reliable IE7 I suppose. (just when I was hoping to use the same browser all day)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,036 Admin
    Strange, I've also had some unexpected lockups after installing the FireFox 2.0.0.2 update too. They always involved displaying a PDF file in a tab. Sometimes the load will time-out with a network error message, and other times FireFox just opens a subspace channel to V'ger and never comes home.
  • Options
    I have to admit mine has locked up a few times as well. It was after the updates from 2.0, and I use IETAB to fix the lockup. Still way better than IE7, I will try IETAB with adobe.

lol- Have you seen the new MAC commercial where Vista has a body guard? Pretty funny

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/ Choose security commercial
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,036 Admin
    garv221 wrote:
    lol- Have you seen the new MAC commercial where Vista has a body guard? Pretty funny
    Yeah, I use Vista at work that that's exactly what it does. For people not use to software firewalls, it could be a very confusing and frustrating experience. They should also had the PC guy's security guard fending off attacks by Ninjas while the Mac guy is just standing there unharmed and being left alone. Lies--all Apple lies. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jdmurray wrote:
    I'm still trying to find the freakin' menus in IE7. icon_cry.gif

Here is a handy guide, i am still getting used to the new menus too

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/quickref.mspx
  • Options
    I get couldn't IETAB to freeze with Adobe?
  • Options
    zebra-3zebra-3 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dude, the best add-on for me on Firefox is Foxmarks.
    I still wonder today how could I have lived without it before, especially because I am using 3 diferent machines.

http://www.foxmarks.com/
  • Options
    *BuMp*

Anyone using this cancer of your computer better known as "IE 7"??

Why does IE 7 have a security option that can be set to "LOW" but then immediately switch itself back to "MEDIUM"?

Why do you have to first remove the IE security pack to make security changes to IE 7?

Why after you remove the IE security pack from Windows and set your browser settings to "LOW" does it skip your default homepage and re-direct you to a warning homepage informing you to move your settings back to "MEDIUM" along with stalking you with its information bar about these settings?

Why is the only way to remove the warning homepage and stalking of the information bar is to re-set your changed settings back to "MEDIUM"?

For hours of frustrating the hell out of end users at least MS has the decency to offer a free lobster dinner by simply having the user click on their browser. Thank you MS, Thank You.

Spyware_infestation.png
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Are you sure you have all the search menu toolbars you can possible find? Good grief.

Who does that crap? :D

Nice photo. ;) I think you need a larger Monitor! icon_lol.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't mind IE7, but I did disable phishing filter straight away.
    keatron wrote:
    When the average end user sees Vista for the first time they're gonna scream bloody murder. icon_twisted.gif

As far as Vista goes ....... format C: - that OS is a pox on society in my mind icon_rolleyes.gif

Another thing that winds me up some is the new RDP client - had a user at one of my clients buy a white box recently and it was updated with a bunch of crap like that. If I feel the need to make changes on a clients system to suit the environment it is MY decision and I don't want frogging MS making serious decisions on my behalf icon_twisted.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Plantwiz wrote:
    Are you sure you have all the search menu toolbars you can possible find? Good grief.

Who does that crap? :D

Nice photo. ;) I think you need a larger Monitor! icon_lol.gif

I believe the Google tool bar is not on there! You don't like the old Bonzi Buddy?
    RussS wrote:
    I don't mind IE7, but I did disable phishing filter straight away.
    keatron wrote:
    When the average end user sees Vista for the first time they're gonna scream bloody murder. icon_twisted.gif

As far as Vista goes ....... format C: - that OS is a pox on society in my mind icon_rolleyes.gif

Another thing that winds me up some is the new RDP client - had a user at one of my clients buy a white box recently and it was updated with a bunch of crap like that. If I feel the need to make changes on a clients system to suit the environment it is MY decision and I don't want frogging MS making serious decisions on my behalf icon_twisted.gif

I paid Dell an extra $30.00/PC NOT to ship Vista. I had my experience with the new RDP and I have never used it again. I don't know what MS has been thinking but IE usage is down and so are stocks. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You crack me up garv! icon_lol.gif
    Soooooo, I'm guessing you don't like IE7?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    sprkymrk wrote:
    You crack me up garv! icon_lol.gif
    Soooooo, I'm guessing you don't like IE7?

Ha, its safe to assume I hate IE7.

Since the release of IE7 (along with Exchange & Vista) I have a new perception of MS. I can't help but to hate how manipulating and scandalous MS is. Everything they create is buggy, controlling, has limited options and focused on their money and how to keep users stuck with MS products. How does one of the most powerful companies in the world make a lesser product than its competition example- FireFox or Apache webserver. They should be the Ferraris of IT, not the no longer made Oldsmobile. I have contemplated demoting myself from IT Director to Sr. Network Engineer so I may only work with Cisco gear. :D
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not trying to be harsh but problems like you are describing are usually self-inflicted. My company has been running Exchange 2007, IE7, and in some cases Vista for months with NO issues. I would assume it's mostly because we did it the way Microsoft recommended; no shortcuts.
  • Options
    RTmarc wrote:
    Not trying to be harsh but problems like you are describing are usually self-inflicted. My company has been running Exchange 2007, IE7, and in some cases Vista for months with NO issues. I would assume it's mostly because we did it the way Microsoft recommended; no shortcuts.

"No harsh taken" and you are correct the majority of end user problems are self-inflicted. I have setup almost every MS product (including EXCH-07 and Vista) available since 94' in a large live environment and consider myself a professional who has never needed assistance. My problems are not that I cannot get the software to function correctly but that they are controlling & annoying. With myself actually having to use these products I feel the developers are out of touch as I constantly find myself along w/ others saying "why wouldn't MS just do this, instead of doing this?" IE7 is ridicules..the information bar, the hijacked home page... icon_rolleyes.gif And Vista..WOW I've taken shits with more potential than Vista....... the MAC commercial where the PC has a body guard sums everything up. "you are pointing out Vista's flaws, cancel or allow?" "You are coming to a sad realization, cancel or allow?" lol Oh the pic loaded with toolbars is from Wiki, not my pc.