Options

71-621 Upgrade for MCDST's to MCITP Enterprise Support

2»

Comments

• Options
    colebertcolebert Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    took the exam (621) today.

just some initial, non-NDA violating impressions:

The last test was POORLY written compared to this version. The difference was night and, um, dusk. (All MS tests leave alot to be desired for clarity, but the first version of the beta was worse than usual.)

As for the content, the first test was pretty difficult compared to the new version. Obviously too many people failed the first version so they dumbed down the second version. I studied for 2 hours for the 1st test and found the test a little difficult. I studied 30 minutes for the 2nd test and found it very easy.

There was more generic networking questions than before. Some questions didn't even involved Vista and were just XP related.

Overall it was pretty easy. I may or may not have passed, or I might have set the curve. Not sure. But even if I didn't pass it wasn't because the test was hard. It was more a reflection of my lackisidasical preparation.

oh, and Prometric were their usually buggy, worthless selves. Exam crashed twice.

hope this helps.
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Sat 71-621 for the second time this morning........

Nothing has changed..... No office questions...... If anything, like the previous post states the questions were generalized more................ and I will second that some questions were not even vista related...........

Oh well thanks microsoft for the second shot and the free exam voucher :p hehehe

2 hours of study for this Beta....... If you have plenty of experience on XP you probably only need to learn some of the new features in Vista..... I didn't get any questions on BitLocker drive encryption, the new layout of explorer and folders within....., Windows firewall with Advanced security.......... It was actually quite a surprise.........

Anywhose good luck to those still going to sit this.........

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    colebertcolebert Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i actually had 1 bitlocker question. which was 1 more than last time.

i would say about 40% of the questions were verbatium the same from last exam. but there was a lot of new, easier ones. i don't know if i just got the "hard" version last time, but i genuinely feel the questions were much simplier and straightforward than last time.

i cannot even begin to explain how horridly written the first exam was. it was a disgrace.
  • Options
    sunny155sunny155 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is pathetic. I got invitation for Beta 2 but they had Restricted India icon_sad.gif .
    I have nothing to do but to wait for beta 1 results and hope that i might pass.