Options

How much time do people spend at work?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    RussS wrote:
    Now our senior engineer has it worked out even better - he had one client pay him 2 hours to train him how to use the new expresso machinehe put in to treat his clients and the lucky sod visits there weekly to 'discuss issues' icon_rolleyes.gif

Russ, I would just be the extra helpful IT Guy and pop around every so often to ensure everythings running ok to to see if he has any problems. icon_wink.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Sie wrote:
    It happened by accident really:

One user emailed me about a problem and I replied with my usual:

"Let me grab a coffee and i'll be over"

She offered to fetch the coffee for me if I came now.

Whilst fixing it I playfully mentioned she should suggest it to her collegaues as a far to get me there quicker.

I went back to my desk and thought nothing of it till someone later appeared at the door with a coffee and asked if I could have a look at something. icon_lol.gif

Trick is to make them think they are getting something more by doing it when your just really doing your job. icon_wink.gif

Since they make extra effort I make extra so i gues they do get more out of me but its a fair trade off.

Dear Penthouse,

I thought it could never happen to me but .......
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Dear Penthouse,

I know not of this 'penthouse' of which you speak. Is it a new protocal? icon_wink.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Sie wrote:
    Dear Penthouse,

I know not of this 'penthouse' of which you speak. Is it a new protocol? icon_wink.gif

I dunno about protocol, maybe proctocol or gyenocol?
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.