Options

Just Curious [username + avatar]

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    My username is a combination of a nickname, Ricka, and the 182 comes from one my favorite movies, and has nothing to do with that crappy band blink182, which I've been asked before....

The signature is something I thought of a while back, when I first started posting online....it has meaning to me, and that's enough... icon_cool.gif

My avatar is fairly obvious...binary, but for what, and in which direction is it to be read?? I know....do you?
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    Your hobby is shooting children with pistols? A little against the grain but I'll roll with it. :)

My avator reflects the fact that I am, in many ways, a pimp. You see, the ladies got a thing for sir_creamy_ so im just giving them what they want, you dig?
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    very good off-topic, topic... :D

I saw a real BigHornSheep many years ago when I visited Banff National Park, it's the name of a real-life animal found predominantly in Western Canada, and parts of the US.

For the longest time until even the fall of ICQ, it was a nickname uniquely used by me and me only. The avatar was a share pic my friend sent to me when I first started using MSN Messenger a couple years ago, and I've kept it since.

As for signature, I had a quote from Forest Gump for awhile, and then I took it off because it's overly used, currently, I have my education and future goals for certs.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Your hobby is shooting children with pistols? A little against the grain but I'll roll with it. :)
    No, not children. Just smart-a$$3$. icon_lol.gif
    My avator reflects the fact that I am, in many ways, a pimp. You see, the ladies got a thing for sir_creamy_ so im just giving them what they want, you dig?
    I dig. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Sie wrote:
    PS: Unrelated but bring in the dancing banana (some of you will understand) icon_wink.gif

banana2.gif
    banana2.gif
    banana2.gif

No matter how you put....dancing bananas = funny!! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    user name has been around since 95'. Part of my last name and address at that time. Avatar; love family guy and don't like fat chicks, pretty much a no brainier decision.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Yeah good topic indeed. I always wondered about some of the ones above.

I went with 'Webmaster' because I didn't like the default 'Admin' account and because it matched my email address. icon_wink.gif I never expected it to become a username/nick. Eventually I created a new rank in the forums to put my real name below 'Webmaster', I guess I should have done it the other way around.

My avatar is not an astronaut, nor a cap of an antiperspirant, but a Microsoft Windows-ized version of my previous avatar, which I think some of you will remember:
    aniava1.gif

The current one I created for the cover for new TechNotes PDFs but haven't used it for that purpose yet and may never will.
  • Options
    mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    Username is my last name and favorite number. And you can't ask for respect, you gotta demand it...that's why I put the Mr in front. icon_wink.gif

I'm too cool for an avatar. :D

The quote is from a song and it's how I feel. I keeps it real.
    Working on Linux+
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Back in the days of the baud modem and using the first editions of AOL, I had to come up with a screen name. I used to be a lot more impatient than I am now, so I wanted to come up with a name fast. I came up with the name roYal, I think mostly because I had a can of RC (Royal Crown) cola in front of me and thought roYal sounded cool. Ever since then, I've used the same name; whether it be in First Person Shooter games, IRC, forums, etc... Unfortunately, the name royal is taken on these forums, even though nobody uses the name, so I chose icroyal. *Looks at Johan and hope he lets me get the name royal for the forums*
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    markzab wrote:
    Username: Simple really. It's my first name (Mark) and the first 3 letters of my last name (Zab).

Ok, so I remember the pic you had with a nice fat stogie, but what's with the hockey...is that you too.....porbably not I guess, but either way, that is one sick-ass move!!!

Webmaster wrote:
    My avatar is not an astronaut, nor a cap of an antiperspirant, but a Microsoft Windows-ized version of my previous avatar, which I think some of you will remember:
    aniava1.gif

I like the old one better...it was creepy to see it blink, especially when I wasn't sure if it was blinking or not, until you clarified that it was....
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Ricka182 wrote:
    I like the old one better...it was creepy to see it blink, especially when I wasn't sure if it was blinking or not, until you clarified that it was....
    icon_lol.gif Yeah, that was fun, especially since the original was static for a long time. After I added the blinking I received several PMs asking "Did your avatar just blink at me?" And you're not the only one who like the old one better, probably never should have changed it, but going back now would be even weirder.