124»

Comments

• Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    wd40 wrote:
    theseman wrote:
    Anyone from Vue receive results yet?

-Travis

Not yet, it still shows the status as Taken !
    Yeah, VUE has not received any results as of yet. Perhaps the one's at Prometric are receiving "invalid" results as CompTIA promised to release the results in March/April 2008.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    Bob KiwiBob Kiwi Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    Really, that is cool that you passed!
    Thanks, but it's not "for real" until CompTIA says so.

Quit playing games with my heart icon_redface.gif

Now I have to wait until official confirmation of failure! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Hey everyone, after asking CompTIA about the results of the PDI+ exam, I received a very prompt reply that will please the Beta Examinees:

"You recently requested information on when you will see the results of the PDI+ beta exam that you took last year.

You will receive these results from the testing provider (VUE or Prometric) where you took the exam. These results will be mailed (via the postal system) to you directly from VUE or Prometric between January 15th and January 31st.

We appreciate your participation in the CompTIA PDI+ beta exam. Your participation and feedback on the beta exam has helped us refine the CompTIA PDI+ certification exam to ensure that it was statistically valid for its upcoming general release. It takes rigorous evaluation of all the beta exam taker’s responses to the exam, and we cannot begin some of those evaluations until the exam is available for general release. General release will be January 7, 2008 so your results are scheduled to get to you as quickly as possible after that. If you do not have your PDI+ beta exam results by February 1, 2008, please contact questions@comptia.org.

Be sure to tell your colleagues about PDI+. Information on our special promotional pricing for the PDI+ exam is found at http://certification.comptia.org/pdi."
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    Not to post twice, but it appears that I have failed the exam (PearsonVUE). I wish I knew what score they were looking for - I will probably see that soon. Personally, the exam seemed easy - perhaps too easy?

Good luck for the rest of you. :)
  • Options
    stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hmmm this exam would be perfect for me as I'm in the printer industry (for now at least)
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    OK, I just got my email confirming that I passed the PDI+ exam:
    Dear James (Career ID#: COMP001000XXXXXX)

Congratulations on completing the requirements for the PDI+ certification.
    You became certified on 08/11/2007.

First you pass the exam, then you fix the printers, then you get the women! icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote:
    OK, I just got my email confirming that I passed the PDI+ exam:
    Dear James (Career ID#: COMP001000XXXXXX)

Congratulations on completing the requirements for the PDI+ certification.
    You became certified on 08/11/2007.

First you pass the exam, then you fix the printers, then you get the women! icon_wink.gif
    Congratulations.. I wonder what the passing threshold was?
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed the exam, but did not get the confirmation mail icon_confused.gif:

congrats JDMurray.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    I just got my letter from Prometric confirming my passing PDI+ with a score of 720. I'm assuming 675 or 700 is the passing score, so I just made it by the skin of my teeth. Still, that's not too bad for only about two hours of study time invested.

Anybody else pass?
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got mine in the mail today, said the passing score is 675. I got a 600.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    wd40 wrote:
    I passed the exam, but did not get the confirmation mail icon_confused.gif:

congrats JDMurray.

they sent me the email on 12 Jan, It'll take 4 weeks to get the letter icon_confused.gif

any way, I logged into CompTIA to download the logos <that I will never use :D> - there was a note in red:

PDI+
    There are no logos available for this program

I hope that they will create logos for PDI+ soon
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Well, I just checked with Vue, and I failed as well. I suppose having so little time to prepare for it would the biggest factor. I didn't get any score, just a status that said, fail. That sucks...I was hoping to add that one in. I most certainly will not be paying $225 to do it again. I honestly don't think I'll go for any more Comptia certs. They're too expensive, and not nearly as recognized as they tout themselves to be. I work in a huge company; and all the techs here think Comptia is a joke. I am starting to believe that too. Sure, I failed, maybe I'm bitter. But not really, because it was a no loss situation. I paid for nothing. I have found zero use for my A+ and Net+ certs. The knowledge learned maybe is valuable, but the cert in my mind is worthless.......The only reason it was required for my last job, was to make a couple of customers happy; customers who don't know enough about computers to understand the difference between memory and storage......

Regardless of my little rant there, much congratulations to those who did pass!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    bsm2bsm2 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got my letter wow 850 first test
    first pass icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    andygeeandygee Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got the letter today and recieved 860
  • Options
    I got 705 -- not great but a pass is a pass icon_lol.gif
This discussion has been closed.