Switch models on the 801 test

Tricon7Tricon7 Posts: 238Inactive Imported Users
Does anyone remember if the 801 test uses different switch models, or just one, in their sims? The Sybex book covers instructions for the 1900, 2950, and 3550 switches. I can't imagine the test making you have to know all the different models? Does anyone have any study - recommendations - for this? Thanks.

Comments

• ReardenRearden Posts: 222Member
    The test is based on the 2950s
    More systems have been wiped out by admins than any cracker could do in a lifetime.
  • tech-airmantech-airman Posts: 953Member
    Tricon7 wrote:
    Does anyone remember if the 801 test uses different switch models, or just one, in their sims? The Sybex book covers instructions for the 1900, 2950, and 3550 switches. I can't imagine the test making you have to know all the different models? Does anyone have any study - recommendations - for this? Thanks.

Tricon7,

Which switch model was used in your Cisco Networking Academy Program?
  • Tricon7Tricon7 Posts: 238Inactive Imported Users
    Tricon7 wrote:

Tricon7,

Which switch model was used in your Cisco Networking Academy Program?

We had 2924s, 2950s, mainly. I don't think we ever used 1900s. Used some 3550s in the CCNP 7, which changed some parameters.