Options

Degree or No Degree?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TryPingingTheServerTryPingingTheServer Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    After carefully considering the time period in which this thread was initiated, I'm likely to conclude that the original poster is probably dead by now. Let's hope he earned his degree. icon_cool.gif
    "His GPA is a solid 2.0. Right in that meaty part of the curve - not showing off, not falling behind."
  • Options
    kaspiahnkaspiahn Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    After carefully considering the time period in which this thread was initiated, I'm likely to conclude that the original poster is probably dead by now. Let's hope he earned his degree. icon_cool.gif

Ha! That's a good one.

I feel a degre is not nesseccary to get a job. I have gottin by wifout a degre.
    A degre is overated. Just get yer certifecations.
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    A degree is very valuable in sustaining in the industry, being flexible, and having an all-around skill set.

Many see I.T. as only Cisco and Microsoft Networking...I.T. is much bigger than that. There are many concentrations for I.T. A degree might be the deciding factor for an executive level position, or simply a manager dealing with the everyday tasks of running an I.T. Department or organization like managing a budget, forecasting, planning for the future, Earned Value Analysis (mostly in Project Management), and proving your worth using Business stats and terms (since traditionally I.T. departments don't make money and just consume), etc.

It's just a good way to keep your options open and prepare for the future. It looks like a 4 year degree might be the next high school diploma. Many organizations and companies are looking for college graduates so they can look good on paper..."Highly educated and professional staff."

Here is an article I posted in a thread I started after reading through the article.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/mediatec/cm0908/
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • Options
    LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    What are you going to do for jobs that require you to have atleast a Bachelor's degree? If you don't have a degree?

Computer Science and I.T. and Admin degrees are fine and dandy, but you just can't beat having a Business degree in the long run.