Calling all Techs - The Techexams cardio workout log

13»

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TechJunky wrote:
    Your in pretty decent shape if your doing 2 miles in 14minutes...

7 minute miles constantly is pretty darn good. I dont know your age, but im 25 and I would be happy to run 7 minute miles constantly.

dang, thats impressive. My best time ever running the mile was 6:28. Thats was about 12 years ago :D

I think I can run a mile under 9; haven't tried though. I can run a 1/4 mile in about 2 minutes, but i dont think I can keep that time up consistently
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    When you are in the military 14 minute two mile is only ok. You need to get down into the 12 minute range to be doing really good. I haven't timed myself on the two mile in a while, but my last was in around 11:45. Its a lot easier when you do it everyday though icon_lol.gif
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1 mile in 8:20 on the elliptical yesterday.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What the hell, I might as well join in on the fun:

Ran 4.5 miles yesterday on the treadmill, ~500 calories. Trying to burn off some of that beer I drink on the weekends :)
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Yeah sure, I'm in...oh wait..I'm going the wrong way!! Thanks to my glutton appetite and true love for brewing beer, which of course entails drinking said brewed beer..I think I've gained a steady 20 Lbs...not happy about that to be honest, but I'm also only a few weeks from setting up a new home gym, so I should be able to shed some of it.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I lift weights on a 4 day split w/ a good protein diet.

Monday- Shoulders, triceps

Tuesday- Back

Wednesday- Rest

Thursday- Chest, biceps

Friday- legs

Sat/Sun- rest, morning cardio
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Heah All,

I didn't know such a thread existed at techexams. Would love to keep up with it.

I try to workout everyday, off course there are some undesirable days off in there as well. I was regularly lifting weights until last week, membership ran out, waiting to get the new one soon. But, do regular cardio and resistance exercises at home. Running and up hill walking on treadmill + push ups, sqauts, lunges, and crunches. Definatly miss the gym though, its an addiction. Exercise itself is an addiction, love to do it, but smoking puts a limit on it sometimes, only if I could kick that.

Lost 115lbs within last year. Anyone looking for advice is very welcome. Love to talk about diet and nutrition.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Yeah sure, I'm in...oh wait..I'm going the wrong way!! Thanks to my glutton appetite and true love for brewing beer, which of course entails drinking said brewed beer..I think I've gained a steady 20 Lbs...not happy about that to be honest, but I'm also only a few weeks from setting up a new home gym, so I should be able to shed some of it.....

I have the same problem (the love of beer). Just makes me run more on the treadmill :D
    I also find that since Ive been working out more, my 'desire' for faster foods has gone way down.

Since family visited tuesday, I missed the lower body workout. I integrated the lower body with my upper body workout last night, followed by increasing the distance in my warm-ups and cool-downs. I want to get to the point where I run a mile a day. Thursday night basketball buddies wont see me coming!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just got done jogging a mile, feels good. Now some coffee and sadly a cigarrete. Things are good.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    dynamik wrote:
    TechJunky wrote:
    Omg...

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_20TabataPushups.wmv

That is the most intense workout ever.

I've seen that before. Does the site cover the rest of their workouts? l.

Did you see this one I posted?
    http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_MillerTabataSE.wmv

And to make you feel real good about your squat numbers.....
    http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_TabataSquats.wmv

TechJunky...good numbers. They'll go up if you keep doing it. It's the easiest and most challenging routine I've ever tried. Tabata's are additicing ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've put on about 15kg over the last year, free coke,chips and chocolate biscuits in work have been my downfall.As of yesterday i'm off junk food.Today i bought loads of fruit,veg and fish.I'm heading out to the gym now for a 30 min run on the threadmill and some light weights.I hope to lose this weight over the next 2-3 months, not with crash diets just healthy eating and exercise.When i'm fit i can concentrate alot more and i find studying is so much easier.
    I'm about 89kg now, i'll let you know my progress.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$