Options

CCIE #20000 - Larry Edie

2»

Comments

• Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    And don't let arrogance ruin the reputation of a good cert either.

No kidding....

I find it extremely unprofessional when an experienced networker gets on here with or without certs and gets inpatient with someone trying to figure something out. The information does not always have to matter people, sometimes it IS just a minor detail blown out of proportion, but SO WHAT! If you don't want to answer the stupid question then don't, but if you do then don't do it with an attitude. People here are learning and curiosity about minor details is what will eventually separate the elite from the unprofessional. So the next time you decide to get short with someone trying to figure out some relatively irrelevant information, you may want to bite your tongue because with or without a cert, they WILL one day be your boss.

...and this is not directed at anyone in particular, just an observation I have noticed in a couple posts here...
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mikeeo wrote:
    All the new CCIE's are mostly security (its a super easy track right now)

I remember you asking someone who stated the CCIE R&S was easy what their number was )as in how could they know), an excellent reply considering their arrogance at the time. It's kind surprising to see you do the same.

I guess we never really get past "my daddy can beat up your daddy".
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    And don't let arrogance ruin the reputation of a good cert either.

No kidding....

I find it extremely unprofessional when an experienced networker gets on here with or without certs and gets inpatient with someone trying to figure something out.

You're right, but I think it's unprofessional to talk down about a certification that people hold. That is what the original post implied, that a CCIE is no longer good enough and now only the CCDE would be a valuable certification. I think that is what Mikeoo was talking about. It seemed to be a statement that a CCIE had no value coming from someone who does not have the certification. I doubt anyone who has the certification would see it the same way. This thread belonged in OT, it isn't really CCIE related regardless of the fact it included "CCIE" in the post. That is why I asked what the point of this thread was. I can check IPExpert's and Internetworkexperts's website to see who has what number also.

Please let this thread die, it's pointless and let’s get back to some constructive questions and answers about the CCIE certification.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dtlokee wrote:
    You're right, but I think it's unprofessional to talk down about a certification that people hold. That is what the original post implied, that a CCIE is no longer good enough and now only the CCDE would be a valuable certification. I think that is what Mikeoo was talking about.

Well you're right about this being a pointless thread.

If you go back and read, the OP was about who got CCIE #20,000. GT-Rob joked about the market now being flooded, and then someone got offended. And if simply asking if CCIE's are over rated is "talking down" then I suppose I ought to get mad at anyone questioning MS certs validity. The point AlexMR was making was simply one of time/effort comparison between CCIE and say a Masters degree or PhD.

Believe me, if I could kill this thread I would, but alas, I am but a lowly MCSE Moderator and have no power here. :P
    All things are possible, only believe.
This discussion has been closed.