what's in your name?

ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
I just wonder what's behind the user name of each one of us....

I got my user name from the movie Transformers, it's Widwicky's ebay's username and it got nothing to do with me in person. Pretty annoying for others I think... sorry but i can no longer change it. :)
No Sacrifice, No Victory.

Comments

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Magic the Gathering.

Which reminds me. Anyone have some old cards they want to give away or want a few bucks for?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've used the royal name since I was on AOL 3.0 with my 2400 baud. I've used it since. No specific reason other than my favorite color back then being Royal Blue.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    first initial, last name. oh so exciting
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    royal wrote:
    I've used the royal name since I was on AOL 3.0 with my 2400 baud. I've used it since. No specific reason other than my favorite color back then being Royal Blue.

Ah yes but what does icroyal mean!
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
    Mishra wrote:
    royal wrote:

Ah yes but what does icroyal mean!

That's the name I use when royal is taken. No meaning. Was trying to think of a name to use and just used that for I see royal for short.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My full name was too long to appear properly on school rolls, and was typically truncated to first initial, middle initial, and last name.

Because of this, I was sometimes known as "MS".

Because "MS" is often to short for a userid in many places, I adopted "eMeS". The "e" is simply the vowel sound produced when pronouncing "M" and "S".

MS
  • CabbageThe1CabbageThe1 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Playing Games with my friends one day and pulled off a LUCKY shoot. From down the hall I herd "DANM IT CABBAGE" and the name stuck, I hated it at first but it grew on me.

Come to think of it most the people that know me don't even know my real name, everyone just calls me Cabbage. :D The1 is because I'm the only Cabbage!! :P
    If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style!
  • hugoluckyhugolucky Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i dont know, just thought it would be a good name for a serial killer icon_wink.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Same as royal, it's from an old aol account. I was probably mid-teens at the time and thought that "a dynamic one" seemed really cool, so I setup adynamik1. Later on, I realized that I'm kind of a computer nerd and really not dynamic at all, so I dropped the prefix and suffix to minimize the damages. The misspelling is intentional. I think it's more aesthetically pleasing and is more balanced overall. However, Mark disagrees and refuses to acknowledge it.

It just kind of stuck. I use it for everything. Here, paypal, online banking, wait... nevermind. I still use adynamik1 when dynamik is taken. Occasionally I've had to use adynamik2, and that's just irritating icon_twisted.gif
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Took me a while to find but heres the old Thread on this!

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23143
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    My screen Name was also a old AOL Screen name i have used for years. Back in those days there were groups Like UPS Shizza,Mystic etc. Of course I am not part of these groups anymore cause i have learned right from wrong.

So my UL stood for UnderLordz Wizard. Go figure huh. Just kind of stuck since then
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Well I started off online life with a theme based quake clan. The name from back then was gerbilcannon which was assigned to me before I knew the reference. By the time I knew what it meant too many people knew me by that. Plus I was still somewhat attached to the image of a gerbil carrying a cannon. After I quit the gaming scene I decided I needed a name change. So picked a favourite and slightly obscure name from the Lord of the Rings. This was before being popularized by movie. I've thought of changing it again but I've decided to stick with it for now.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
    Sie wrote:
    Took me a while to find but heres the old Thread on this!

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23143

Thanks! I hadn't seen the dancing bananas in awhile!

banana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gif
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    So you guys are all old AOL warez scene/AOHacker guys? hehe. icon_wink.gif
    dynamik wrote:
    Thanks! I hadn't seen the dancing bananas in awhile!

banana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gif

What dancing bananas?
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    welll, mine came from when I started work for the credit union. I would fix issuses and bam! I was trying to prove myself and my boss would say go and fix this (hoping I would flop!) and BAM! came back victoriously! I would say to my cooworkers "whose your daddy!" jokingly and one emplyee laughed and said "whose your IT Daddy!" and we all laughed our Arsses off and it has stuck ever since. I a month later come to work with a new Wisconsin License plate with (ITDADDY) on it and we laugh every time someone says to me in a gas station "Are you it-daddy?" I say yes it is IT Daddy for Information Technology geek! haaaaah I feel like a super hero because I have decals on my Red chevy Blazer with IT Daddy LLC it is for my on-side IT business and people still walk up to me when they see my truck and ask "Are you IT Daddy?" I say no I am his butler EYEgor! ahahahahahah But yeah this is my story! I only like it when HOT chicks ask me if I am IT Daddy and then I say yes!! got a home computer to fix!!!??? hahahh
    hahahahhah ;)icon_redface.gif
    nl wrote:

A/S/L?
    itdaddy wrote:
    I only like it when HOT chicks ask me if I am IT Daddy and then I say yes got a home computer to fixe!!!??? hahahh
    hahahahhah ;)icon_redface.gif

icon_lol.gif
  • cablegodcablegod Member Posts: 294
    nl wrote:

Haha, oh yes, the old days of AOhell, punters, mail bombers, scrollers, and VB programming haha :)

/spaz send list

/spaz send 714-885

Haha, that brings back memories......

:D
    “Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure.” -Robert LeFevre
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Royal

hahhaha icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

Your cat shooting the machine gun always kills me! I love cats and have one at home.
    I have a cat at home named Oscar. He talks every morning to me when I go to the fridge!
    Wants me to give him some chicken sandwitch meat which you can tell I never do? !!! hahaa
    haa he jumps up on me like a tree and sits on my shoulder like a bird and i walk around my apartment. he is funny!

I do think everyone has a cool alter ego (avator) and name nice we can be someone else
    ;)

Transformers by the way freaking best movie I have seen in a long time rocked. they will
    come out with Transformers 2 i bet!

I hated the movie the The MIST sucked! good while going through it but ending was for $$$HiTTT! they should have made it not ended like that! was crap! still pissed on the ending!
    cablegod wrote:
    nl wrote:

Haha, oh yes, the old days of AOhell, punters, mail bombers, scrollers, and VB programming haha :)

/spaz send list

/spaz send 714-885

Haha, that brings back memories......

:D

Oh the days of the FATE AOL Proggy made by I think Maggus or something like that.

I used to love the 1 IM punters. Was soooo much fun when I was 13. :)
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    OnlineHost: nl has entered the room.

Royal: -= AOHell 95 Mass Mailer by Da Chronic and ThA RiZZaH =-
    Royal: -= Mass Mailing 339 warez in 12 minutes =-
    Royal: -= type /Royal MM ME to by added to my list =-

nl: anyone have windows NT 4 on floppy?

Royal: it's on my MM!!!!

nl: /Royal MM ME

CableGod: /punt nl
    CableGod: ~~~!xo!~FaTe X punting NL~!ox!~~~

OnlineHost: nl has left the room.
    Wow, I'm feeling old (and that is so wrong)...

I have absolutely no idea what the hell you guys are talking about. icon_lol.gif
    Just exploiting early versions of the AIM chat client.

The realization that AOL is now considered "old school" makes me feel old as well icon_cry.gif
    I also have been using MIRC since it's existence. On Windows 9x, if you were to type /con/con anywhere, you'd automatically blue screen. Was hilarious to see people ask for help and people would tell them to type /con/con and you'd see about 20% of the room get disconnected.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    The one I remember is that people would usually respond with use alt-f4. Lots of disappearances then plus a couple of guys who didn't get that it was a shortcut and would come in yelling about being hax0red.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • 1MeanAdmin1MeanAdmin Member Posts: 157
    I was into MIDI equipment in the mid-90s when I was a teenager. I saw a keyboard made by a company called MIDIMAN and, while earning money to buy that, I needed an IRC nickname. I never bought the damn keyboard, but the nickname got stuck. :D
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am a coffee freak, can drink it before I go to bed and do drink it several times during the day, am in love with the whole coffee culture, my wallpaper is a coffee mug, and that is what my username is based on. Proud to be a coffee drinker.
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The earliest version of AOL I remember using was AOL 4.0. But I too picked my name to use as a screenname. I actually got TyranT from Star Wars. TyranT was my favorite Star Destroyer from SWCCG. Which used to be the #2 CCG behind Magic of course. Of course it was taken, so AOL recommended a 1919 at the end and, viola, Tyrant1919. Try googling people's usernames, you'd be surprised sometimes.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
    All I ever did with those AOL floppies I used to get was use them as freebies.