Royal: -= type /Royal MM ME to by added to my list =-

nl: anyone have windows NT 4 on floppy?

Royal: it's on my MM!!!!

nl: /Royal MM ME

CableGod: /punt nl
    CableGod: ~~~!xo!~FaTe X punting NL~!ox!~~~

OnlineHost: nl has left the room.

icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I wrote:
    I used to use this nickname in IRC, as well as the real world, mainly because I'm a big Eric Clapton fan. Then I took on the nickname "Reptile" after a few years went by, (another of EC's album-names). The avatar reflects the "Reptile" name, it's my design with some modifications made by an artist who is very close to my heart. She created the psuedo-3D effect, as well as cleaned up the image. My signature, (aside from the quips I'll drop in there from time to time,) will have to remain a mystery, as the proper translation gets censored each time I preview it.

Heh, seems that very little has changed. I guess the Slowhand/Reptile nick(s) won't be going anywhere anytime soon. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Mine doesn't have a long heritage like everyone else's icon_cry.gif

Its just what I do for a living (and for fun!!!) and a randomly generated string of numbers a.k.a. my D.O.B.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    I wrote:
    I used to use this nickname in IRC, as well as the real world, mainly because I'm a big Eric Clapton fan. Then I took on the nickname "Reptile" after a few years went by, (another of EC's album-names). The avatar reflects the "Reptile" name, it's my design with some modifications made by an artist who is very close to my heart. She created the psuedo-3D effect, as well as cleaned up the image. My signature, (aside from the quips I'll drop in there from time to time,) will have to remain a mystery, as the proper translation gets censored each time I preview it.

Heh, seems that very little has changed. I guess the Slowhand/Reptile nick(s) won't be going anywhere anytime soon. icon_lol.gif

You should be Slowtile
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    dynamik wrote:
    Thanks! I hadn't seen the dancing bananas in awhile!

banana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gifbanana2.gif
    I seems to remember Webmaster not liking these happy little guys, but I don't remember why. icon_scratch.gif
    JDMurray wrote:
    I seems to remember Webmaster not liking these happy little guys, but I don't remember why. icon_scratch.gif
    I think I can give you a hint:

IT'S PEANUTBUTTER-JELLY TIME!

Well, actually, I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with the fact that people usually put up a dozen, or so, of the little gifs and that makes some peoples' network connections slow to a crawl.

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The dancing banana is apparently quite popular: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_Banana

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22237
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=121967

I think we need to start a petition to get that added as a standard emoticon.

Edit: Slowhand, only one copy of the image would be cached, so it wouldn't affect network performance. That sweet animation might make your 486 slow to a crawl though.
    dynamik wrote:
    Edit: Slowhand, only one copy of the image would be cached, so it wouldn't affect network performance. That sweet animation might make your 486 slow to a crawl though.
    HOW DID YOU KNOW. . . err. . . I mean, "my compter isn't that slow.". icon_lol.gif
    Either way, I'm sure there are plenty of reasons to hate the bananaman. I haven't found mine yet.

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I hate him because he is a better dancer than me....
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    HeroPsycho is short for HeroPsychoDreamer, one of my favorite songs from the band Live. It fit me well in my CounterStrike days of being very calculating, and would usually lead my squad to victory by outsmarting the other side. They'd call me Hero when I did that.

But occasionally, that didn't work, so I'd go ballistic, running into a room of enemies full auto with a Sig552, laying waste to everyone somehow, someway against impossible odds. Usually when I did this, I would say random stuff over voice comm as I charged in. That's when they'd say "Psycho took over!!!"

It's not really applicable anymore now that I pretty much gave up computer gaming aside from a weekly game of Armed Assault with my former CS clan mates, who also gave the gaming a long time ago, so it's really about hanging out with friends.
    Good luck to all!
  • SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    I went the inventive path and used my last name. I would share my old IRC/AOL name and it's story but I was smart enough to spare myself that agony by taking the easy way out this time.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    nl wrote:
    OnlineHost: nl has entered the room.

Royal: -= AOHell 95 Mass Mailer by Da Chronic and ThA RiZZaH =-
    Royal: -= Mass Mailing 339 warez in 12 minutes =-
    Royal: -= type /Royal MM ME to by added to my list =-

nl: anyone have windows NT 4 on floppy?

Royal: it's on my MM!!!!

nl: /Royal MM ME

CableGod: /punt nl
    CableGod: ~~~!xo!~FaTe X punting NL~!ox!~~~

OnlineHost: nl has left the room.

WOW I haven't seen something like that in years reminds me of why I got my first copy of VB 3 for AOL 3.0 :D
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    WOW I haven't seen something like that in years reminds me of why I got my first copy of VB 3 for AOL 3.0 icon_biggrin.gif

sub chatscroll_click()

AppActivate "America Online"
    For I = 1 to 200
    Sendkeys "Elite scroller by xXx NL xXx^M"
    Pause 0.8
    doevents
    Next I

end sub

I actually learned quite a bit of the Windows API through VB coding for AOL apps...lots of getfocus, putfocus, get_hWnd hWnd_settext type stuff.

Then people starting releasing .mod files that had all the subroutines pre-coded and it took all the fun out of it.[/quote]
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    HA! PUNTERS! brings back old memories! :)

that, and going into the most obscure chatrooms (like 'basket weaving only') and bugging the absolute crap out of people...THAT was my favorite!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    coffeeking wrote:
    I am a coffee freak, can drink it before I go to bed and do drink it several times during the day, am in love with the whole coffee culture, my wallpaper is a coffee mug, and that is what my username is based on. Proud to be a coffee drinker.

You scare me, I have a post here when I took 70-291 and I took a little coffee, and made my world up side down, jittery, shaking, and about to pass out etc... worst of all failed my exam YAY
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I miss the days where you could crash every computer connected to an AOL chat by typing a single line into the prompt. Fun times.

My name? Hint:
    ghaleon3.gif
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    I got mine from the old Diablo 2 days. The expansion pack where you had to kill the ancients. One of them was named Talic I believe and I thought it was a cool name so I took it. Sometimes I would put an extra "i" in it if it was taken in MMO like "Tailic". Makes it sound kinda weird when I spell it like that though, tail-lick icon_redface.gif . No one really said anything about that spelling though, but if they were I would say "only women please" icon_lol.gif

Ah the days of wasting loads of time playing Diablo 2....
  • whistlerwhistler Member Posts: 108
    Well I could say my handle is from a old time radio show!

But truth to tell I like to whistler. No, Toots Thieleman but I enjoy whistling.
  • rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    My nickname arises from a old but very nice game for C=64, Barry McGuigan World Championship Boxing, Rockin Joe Barlow was a player from that and no other explanation. I did remember that one as a nice game and the name of that player remained in my mind after so many years. :)
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    whistler wrote:
    Well I could say my handle is from a old time radio show!

Damn, and I was hoping you were into skiing and we were neighbours.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    KGhaleon wrote:
    I miss the days where you could crash every computer connected to an AOL chat by typing a single line into the prompt. Fun times.

My name? Hint:
    ghaleon3.gif

Lunar! Always thought so.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    Like everyone else, my name goes all the way back to the AOL days. I used to play paintball at the time and the nickname has stuck ever since. The numbers however are just random.
  • gazhagirigazhagiri Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    my initial of last name and my name....

we in india, mostly use initial of lastname. first name....

for easy of creating i use without a fullstop....
    PMP on August 04, no more rescheduling

Studying CTT+, Six Sigma Black Belt
  • ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ally is short for my name Alastair and Uk is where I am from
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    WWE wrestler chris jericho :)
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    my user name is what everyone called me during my 12 years of working as an electrician. My avatar reflects my favorite hobby, and my sig is just something I heard once long ago that always stuck with me, although I don't remember the actual source of the quote.

Only thing changed since that post is my sig. It's a line from a hymn "Only Believe" that is based on a bible quote from Mark 9:23. My old signature referenced above was:

"You can live your life any way you want, but you can only live it once".
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Vassago68Vassago68 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My SN goes back years. I first read it in a book titled Hideaway. I read the book back when I was in 6th grade in 90. 3 years later I first signed up for a Yahoo name, and I used Vassago68. I've had it ever since. 15 years now.

It means: Vassago, in demonology, is a mighty Prince of Hell (see Hierarchy of demons), ruling over twenty-six legions of demons. He can be persuaded to tell the magician of events past and future, can discover hidden and lost things, and has a "good" nature.
  • IncInc Member Posts: 184
    Pinball high score table three letter limit ;)
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Vassago68 wrote:
    MI read the book back when I was in 6th grade in 90. 3 years later I first signed up for a Yahoo name, and I used Vassago68. I've had it ever since. 15 years now.
    I think you've got your dates wrong there, I can guarantee you didn't get that Yahoo name back in '93. :)

Uh oh, hope I didn't irritate a demon... ;)