Hello to all the Cigar Afficionados

2»

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Glad snadam saved me the time +1.

A lot of things like beer, cigars, etc. are acquired tastes. I hated beer until I started going through the world beer tour (my wife was doing it, and I felt like a sissy for not going along). I started enjoying it after about 30 beers (only 1 or 2 at a time though icon_lol.gif).

Just set guidelines for yourself. If you notice yourself doing it too much, cut back. It's not like you're going to start smoking two packs a day from trying a few cigars.

So have you never had alcohol either, or just haven't been drunk? You can drink without completely obliterating yourself (wine with dinner, etc.). I joke about alcohol a lot, but I usually am pretty conservative. I can't afford to lose a day to a hangover.

Edit: Guess he didn't save me that much time. I still managed to ramble on icon_sad.gif
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've had alcohol but I've never been what I've considered drunk.

"acquired taste" That saved me enough thought about the subject. lol Beer is gross and I wouldn't want to try and make me like it.

I don't eat many vegatables because I think they are gross so if I have something I should start having an "acquired taste" for then I should go to the world vegatable tour or something. :)
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    The only thing I've ever smoked has been Cigars, I had my first on eon my 18th birthday and I enjoyed it (and felt buzzed). I think the thing that appealed to me about trying a Cigar is that generally, most people do not inhale, which is why I gave it a try.

Unless you are like my uncle with Cigars, your should be fine.... He Chain smokes the heck out of Swisher Sweets! Where as myself and most my friends make it a rare occasion habit, I think I average 10 per year or something like that.

Regarding Beer.... I can't stand most beer unless it comes from a Microbrewery. The only brand name I buy on occasion is Blue Moon. If you ever get the chance around Halloween to go to a brewery, I would suggest trying a good Pumpkin Ale.... If done right they can be awesome.
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @Mishra -- I was 22 when I had my first cigar, and before that never even tried cigarettes. I also don't ever get buzzed from smoking -- if you don't inhale there really is minimal absorption of nicotine (especially on the milder cigars).

Cigars aren't only an acquired taste, but it also takes a while to refine your palette so that you can pick up the subtle flavors. At first all cigars may taste the same to you, but you eventually learn to pick out tastes of nuts, cinnamon, toffee, chocolate, etc.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)