Options

How often do u dine out and how much do you tip?

2»

Comments

• Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Wow, so many 10 percenters!

I mostly tip 20%+, but atleast 15%....

I would be embarrassed to leave 10%, that's when you toss the money on the table and leave when the waitress isn't looking.

Cheap IT folks!! icon_wink.gif

Also, good tips keep saliva out of your food on future visits...
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    larrydaman wrote:

I would be embarrassed to leave 10%, that's when you toss the money on the table and leave when the waitress isn't looking.

10% is the norm for the UK.
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't know what people think in other parts of the country or in other countries, but I think going out for lunch is over rated. You don't get too much bang for your buck
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    tiersten wrote:
    larrydaman wrote:

10% is the norm for the UK.

Yeh and sometimes there is a lot of stealth tax eat out places who actually include service on the bill but its handwritten so its always the scribbled part :p
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You bozos that tip well for bad, or even fair service, are screwing things up for the rest of us. If you do that, where's the incentive for good service? I understand that they get paid a small amount in flat rate, but it should be up to them to earn a tip. A tip shouldn't be given, but earned. I'm not given anything at my job. I have to earn it with production. Why are they any different? It's not like I'm asking that they perform surgery, or tame a lion. Just get my order right, bring it in a timely manner, and check in once or twice to insure that I'm okay, and do it without attitude. Is that too much to ask? I don't think that makes me a difficult customer. I can even accept slow food, if you keep me generally abreast of the situation, so I don't feel like you forgot me or are ignoring me.
    Certified Lunatic.