How many computers...

2»

Comments

• 120nm4n120nm4n Member Posts: 116
    ~20 I used to have more (~35), but I got rid of a bunch when I went to college. Most of them are older, as I (for some unknown reason) like collecting older computers. Several flavors of Apple II's, 4 C64s, and all the different Pentiums, even a couple PS/2s that were upgraded to 386s (I love the Model M keyboard from those).
    WIP: MCITP: EA
    70-620 - Done
    70-647 - In Progress
    70-649 - Soon.
  • draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    5 total plus enough parts to build at least one more good mid range pc.

4 desktops and a laptop.

One each for wife and I as everyday pc's. One with Server2008 and one with Vista Ultimate to practice and learn.

Laptop upstairs for when I'm too lazy to go downstairs to read email or surf the net.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • steve77uksteve77uk Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1 x iMac 24"
    1 x Black MacBook

Numerous Virtual PC's / Servers in Parallels...

Another Virtual Running from the HD off my iPod...

Strange... no Microsoft PC's in my house, but am doing an MCSE!

Work is my playground.. got them coming out of my ears...
    A+ | Network+ | MCSA 2003 | MCSE 2003 | MCSA: Messaging 2003 | VCP 410

Now need 2008 Enterprise AND Exchange 2010 :cry:
  • dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    3 Servers
    1 Desktop
    1 Media Center PC
    and my Laptop

I will need to compress these as I don't really use them anymore as I now do all my studies and testing via VM on my Laptop icon_thumright.gif
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    The wife and I have seven between us.

You mean computers, right? icon_lol.gif

I have a desktop back home in florida. I have two laptops in my LA apartment, an older one from 2001 and a new one(higher end) I just purchased.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • webspongewebsponge Member Posts: 119
    1 dell vista, main machine but has the xbox 360 linked up on the monitor also.
    1 dell XP for my son,
    1 vaio for me in the bedroom,

all networked happily :D
    CCDP Next
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    All the cats and I have at least 3 each :D

But I guess I should mention that includes the Feral Cats that just come into the barn to eat -- so I get full time use of their computers too.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have my current desktop in my room that I built back in '05, an old laptop my bro gave me a few years ago that's old and sits on a shelf, and a laptop someone gave me for bolting an aftermarket exhaust onto their car that I use around the house if I don't feel like being cooped up in my room.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Let's see here. . .

There are a couple of servers, two Windows 2003 boxes (a DC and an Exchange box) and a FreeBSD machine. I have two computers in my room, my Windows XP desktop and an old iMac that currently runs Debian. My roommates have a computer each, Technomancer has a Windows XP laptop and his girlfriend has an XP desktop, along with another Mac G4 tower in the spare bedroom. (Don't ask me what the hardware specs are on all these damned things, I only know when it's my turn to fix the damned things.)

Sadly, we're probably going to be getting more computers, soon. Tech and I are planning on pooling some money and putting together a pair of decently-powerful 64-bit servers to run Server 2008 and Exchange 2007 on, along with virtualizing all the servers we currently have, along with a few VMs of lab-machines for studying. (Think 8GB to 16GB of RAM per server.) At some point, I'll probably end up getting a new laptop, since my old desktop is beginning to show its age, and I also will want to lug the thing with me to do homework and things like that.

So, where are we at? That makes. . . 8, plus the spare parts to make at least five more. And, of course, that doesn't include peripherals and networking equipment. . . icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    1 laptop running vista
    1 macbook for my wife
    2 older Pentium 3's that are used
    for server editions and linux to study
    on.
    Taking 70-294 very soon...again
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    bertieb wrote:
    Just one now - I use VM's for everything.

I'd LIKE to have loads of them just scattered about, but alas, the missus doesn't approve icon_sad.gif

just don't tell her about the various servers and boxes of bits hiding in the garage

Sounds like me. I'll be using VMs increasingly now that I've got kids and won't have room for all the excess equipment.

But that doesn't stop me from having:
    1 AMD Athlon XP 2Ghz PC (likely to be upgraded into some Intel box so I can get more RAM for VMs)
    1 Mac G4 dual 800mhz (don't hate me)
    1 old Toshiba Satellite 800mhz laptop that I use for Windows stuff and some Linux
    1 iBook 300 Mhz turquoise (don't hate me for this one either!)
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Hi

This is one of them "I have more PC's than you" thread, lol

I only have 2 am affraid, I would have one infront of my toilet if I had my own way and also next to my pillow and on my passenger seat of my car if it was legal

Soon as my bins are old enough they will all have 1 each and I will also need a server to filter unsavoury websites, so I reckon in about 3 years I will have another 4, plus a laptop for them long long No2's icon_lol.gif

Lee H
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    KGhaleon wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    The wife and I have seven between us.

You mean computers, right? icon_lol.gif

I have a desktop back home in florida. I have two laptops in my LA apartment, an older one from 2001 and a new one(higher end) I just purchased.

Ooooooooh get you KG, LA apartment, sounds very nice

I would love a place in Spain, would go there every time it rained although that would mean I would live there 11 months of the year icon_lol.gif

Lee H