Options

Facebook

2»

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wat08 wrote:
    Since when did the gestapo start policing the creation of facebook groups?

Now why would the term "gestapo" even come to your mind when someone out of courtesy suggests talking to the owner (with copyright to the name TechExams.net) before making a face book page called TechExams? icon_rolleyes.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    wat08 wrote:

Hahaha this reminds me of Allo Allo (a very famous British comedy in the 80's about n-a-z-i occupied france during WW2). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allo_allo (really really worth a watch for anyone interested)

Im sure Johan doesn't walk about with a walking stick and a dodgy limp and long dark coat all the time BUT as others mentioned he is the creator/owner of techexams.net, so this is not only courteous but also possibly a legal requirement, hes a nice chap though so you might be surprised by his answer.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    tiersten wrote:
    Silentsoul wrote:
    something like 95% percent of people with the internet have a myspace.
    92.3% of all statistics are made up. The percentage of people online with a MySpace page is nowhere near 95%. MySpace isn't popular in most non English speaking countries.

That is true. Here is a map of the most popular social networking sites in each country:

http://www.oxyweb.co.uk/blog/socialnetworks-oct08.png
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    It was just a thought. Problem is, who would have time to admin the thing. Most cert pages in FB are used as repositories for ****, so in order to maintain the integrity of TE on FB someone would have to make sure that people are following the rules. FB groups and pages can't be fine tuned and monitored as well as a forum.

It was just a random thought since we were talking about facebook. I might start a group if I have the time, but I don't think I would make it an official TE site. (However, I could encourage group members to visit this site. ;) )
  • Options
    wat08wat08 Member Posts: 128
    dynamik wrote:
    wat08 wrote:

I think a better question is: Why would you want to do something that goes against the wishes of this site's creator? That just seems like a jerk move. icon_rolleyes.gif

And it very well may be, but it's anybody's right to create a facebook group as long as it abides by the policies set out by the service.
  • Options
    wat08wat08 Member Posts: 128
    sprkymrk wrote:
    wat08 wrote:

Now why would the term "gestapo" even come to your mind when someone out of courtesy suggests talking to the owner (with copyright to the name TechExams.net) before making a face book page called TechExams? icon_rolleyes.gif

It depends on the creator's motives. As long as you avoid the copyright and fall within the policies set out by facebook, you don't have to ask anyone for permission.
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    My Aspergers keeps me from connecting with people on a personal level face to face. My facial expressions and emotions are a little odd. I can't follow social q's. Most people think I'm really weird or 'a little out there'. But over chat I'm just like everyone else.

Social networking sites has been really good for people like me on the autistic spectrum.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    wat08 wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    wat08 wrote:

I think a better question is: Why would you want to do something that goes against the wishes of this site's creator? That just seems like a jerk move. icon_rolleyes.gif

And it very well may be, but it's anybody's right to create a facebook group as long as it abides by the policies set out by the service.
    If you make it clear that it isn't official. You can't promote it as the official TechExams.net facebook group.

At the end of the day, why would you want to go against the wishes of the owner of TechExams assuming that he doesn't want a group? Yes, there isn't anything stopping you from creating a group but what do you gain from going ahead and making one yourself? Facebook groups aren't as good as a proper forum for a discussion either.