Options

Enterprise Level Anti-virus?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Between false postives, system crashes, resouce hogging on servers and clients, reinstalls, machines that won't take updates and failures to catch an alarming rate of Spyware we have started the processing of pulling our company and about 40 of our clients' companies off of Symantec.

They have these huge reports showing the number of Malware calls and issues they have been getting have not been this bad since like 2004.

We currently are testing Webroot and Sophos, which I beleive have the same AV engine but not the same Spyware detection engines. (I am not on the test team icon_sad.gif )

Honestly though, at this point I think a lot of the doors are being opened by sadly outdated software. We really need to start version tracking their third party apps, but that is near impossible in the SMB market.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    gorebrush wrote:
    Nobody using Sophos?...

I use to use sophos at our place, but found that it slowed down the machines alot. Now using Panda Enterprise and have had no problems with it, in fact I recommend Panda to the organisations that contract us in. I found it easier to use than AVG Enterprise especially the upgrades between major versions, McAfee & Norton & cheaper than them to.

-ken
  • Options
    Devin McCloudDevin McCloud Member Posts: 133
    I think the best are Eset and Kaspersky(opinion). Eset if you want a good light weight fast scanner and Kaspersky if you want more protection and system monitoring safeguards. Eset will not pester you for permissions for certain files to run. Kaspersky with monitor all files, folders, and programs that try to edit the registry or system files.
    The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
  • Options
    mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
    RussS wrote: »
    Nope. One of my guys did some in depth research and found a few different surveys from people that were not affiliated to any of the AV companies - the results are way different.

Amen to that! What a pain in the backside. They've ruined it. ePO used to be quite good, but now you have to log into a stupid basic looking website which doesn't look good as you go around all the users kicking them off and logging into a site with a builder saying something along the lines of "i'm not good enough to install AV so i'll let you IT guys do it" lmao.
  • Options
    paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    I ran a trial of ESET Business and I was very impressed with the management console and reporting features. I'll be purchasing the full version for my organization this week.