Options

propietary or not?

2»

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    My vote? Rewrite it. If you designed the algorithm then it is just a matter of trudging through the code. Change the algorithm a bit and truly make it your own. Don't re-use any of that code that is tainted by being done on the job.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thanks guys; yeah i was getting pissed on what you guys were saying but i can tell you were playing devils advocate..i do understand. but my point was I gave them my soul
    the program i built they are profitting from it. but they even said they wanted some of the buy and me doing it on my own pissed them off; then they tried to say it was a security breach. then i was getting pissed. because it wasnt; my code is just code i would never bring to any other business any privy network settings via code nor anything dealing with active directory ldap query code never! but because i went out to sell my customized programming service; i even told them that my tool i created may even be different than what it looks like now. no no no they said making a profit after they own the code since i built it for them..i will never forgive them they patted me on the back and say t hank you for such a great asset to our company blh blah blah then when i asked for a raise the balked...then i got even more mad so i decided to try to sell my skills to make it work on other systems which i can. so long story short; i have skills but get paid crap! and was thinking they would give me a raise since 800 IT guys and 400 credit unions in US did not attempt or did create such a program like i did. oh yeah they tell others yeah we built never do they say our tech Robert built us a program he is a great asset; they are jerks
    and it is only a matter of time; i appreciate your knowledge guys on this matter; i knew you guyswould give me your candid advice that is why i love this forum you guys give me it all and i do understand;; just that it sucks when the employer pays me what they pay for my skills and my code when i never got to set the price for it. it is a matter of time
    i hope and maybe someday someone will appreciate my ubove hard work; i know there are other IT guys/gals that work as hard as i do and dont get recognize so i am for them as well. and Msteinhilber i feel your pain with all the work you do. hope thinkgs work out fo ryou i see you have a family ! and paintb4707 thanks for seeing my view. and udomiel
    you rock for giving me the advice you are right i could rewrite it to do the same thing and do it differently and well it would be different haahha you the man you are right i can rewrite it and yeah same thing kind of happen to me 20 years ago. i was highered as a plant technician and i work there 1 week and after 1 week i redisgned the entire plant and
    applied for the plant coordinator engineer! they took all my ideas down and the plan engineer certified said what school did you attend i said MIT and laughed and said no
    i did take a few classes in microprocessors and well to the plant should be run like one.
    and the owner said Mr van dyke are you trying to get my job. i said huh? no sir I just want to be plant coordinator. i can make this place hum sir! next day the owner gave me my final check and fired me and took 1 hours work of my ideas. my life story. and maybe some of you can see why i get so pissed; i am just tired of getting sh#$$$t on. so maybe i might go and teach and help someone learn; I dont think i have what it takes to be in corporate life. I dont have enough bullsh$$t in me. I am just kididng i am sure some of you are great.
    I have just had bad luck working so hard people stealing my ideas; makes a guy tired.
    thanks fo rall your help dudes
    robert;)
    but will get back with you on what the patent lawyer says but udomiel you got it right i think i can rewrite it it is all in my head anyways my algorithms are who i am so i know how to code it differently thanks guys!

yeah omg i did see my post bing 666 i am sh$t out of luck OMG! can you belive that! haha
    ahahaha ha ahaha

see guys that is my life! 666 it doenst get any better than this and i am serious
    ahahahah ;ajhahah
  • Options
    msteinhilber

dude you are cheesehead like me i am from wisconsin rapids wi
    dude!
    cheese!

robert
  • Options
    NSSANSSA Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't believe anyone but a lawyer on something like this.

I wouldn't even believe a lawyer...

$$$$
  • Options
    NSSA

I am with you. The lawyer I talked with want 600.00 for patent seaarch fee to see if any patents out there. (yeah right! can you say google click done in 20 seconds) nope dont see anything similar! good...now sign here sir, and give me check this out they want 10,000.00 up front. all the places I talked with 10K up front so you are right..

we are in the wrong business..should have been an IT lawyer!
    there is still time!