Options

If you won the lottery, what would you do?

13»

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kaminsky wrote: »
    nobody has said, "donate to the running of Techexams.net"

poor johan.. don't know where his next meal is coming from and we're running a thread like this .... /sigh.. the humanity !

That is exactly what I had in mind. A nice large envelope full of whatever currency is needed ..... hand delivered of course, with a case of some very cold beer. Could only be a small case of beer as I would be on a motorcycle while doing a trip around Europe and following the Motocross GP series.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Knives OutKnives Out Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    -Pay off my debt, and my boyfriend's debt
    -Pay off my parent's debt
    -Purchase a new house in a good part of the city
    -Purchase a couple vehicles
    - including maybe a BMW of some sort for me, my boyfriend's dream car Mitsubishi Lancer EVO, and maybe a smaller truck or something
    -Buy one of my childhood best friend's a new car and put plates on it, insure it for a year
    -Give about 25k each to my mom, dad and brother each. (also if possible, buy them each new vehicles and plate/insure them for a year)
    -Give 10-15k each to 2-3 of my friends for them to do whatever with it.
    -Travel some places, maybe buy a condo in Vegas or somewhere to vacation
    -Max out my RRSP contributions every year and max out the contribution on one of those new spiffy tax free savings accounts
    -slap the rest into a high interest savings account :D
  • Options
    loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    Honestly Id never win more than like 100k because playing the mega millions or whatever seems like such a waste. I could buy a loaf of bread with that money!

I'm also surprised no one has said, pay off friends debts. I mean not all just like 1 or 2 who are close. Ignore all phone calls from any unknown numbers and not talk to anyone who wasn't talking to me before I won.

Of course pay off everything and blah blah but take a permanent vacation. Set aside enough to live off the interest then buy a house in italy and live there forever.
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would be happy with winning 10,000,000 $ net ..

Put 5 mil in a time deposit .. with 5% interest I would be getting 20,000 $ each month.

& play with the reaming 5 mil - high risk / high return investments.

Then pay off debt, buy a house, give money to relatives and all the other stuff I want to do from the interest.
  • Options
    ThunderPipeThunderPipe Member Posts: 120
    Depends on how much I'd won. Lets throw it at 100 million.

My closest friends would all get 1 million.
    My parents would get like 10 million.
    I'd buy a yacht. Trick it out with all kinds of tech and gadgets.
    I'd sail around. Probably around Austrailia. Fishing. Living.

Ummm...thats as far as I got. I think I could do that for a long time.
    Maybe start my own P**N site. "Bang-Yacht" or somethin. icon_cheers.gif

I'd quit IT. I love it, but not that much. I don't think I'd ever really work again. I'd invest my money. Save for my future generations. I'd sign a prenup. Ummm...I could go on and on.
  • Options
    manny355manny355 Member Posts: 134
    i'd do like everybody else, pay off my school loans get a newer house...nothing to extravagant. New car, something good with gas. Get some new toys electronic and automotive. I'd help out all of my immediate family members, the ones that I know...lol.

I'd probably start some type of business on the side, and like some of the others I like my job so i'd probably stay here for awhile.

I saw that Dane Cook special and I got 15 cents so i'd help out those starving kids in africa, probably set up some type of non-profit organization to help the homeless in my area.