Options

What next ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ParthParth Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Darn it.. My journey for CCIE hasn't begun so good. I search all night and almost throughout the day for books mentioned in the cisco CCIE-security page and those reviewed in the thread over at CCIE section. I DIDN'T FIND A SINGLE BOOK. icon_exclaim.gif

I even walked down to the biggest computer book shop in town and he has like 4 of the books from the entire list but they all were older version. I am not sure if i can import all the books (I'm from India and reason is the cost of the books).. So this is basically an SOS (for a wrong cause no doubt, but please :) ) - Can anyone help me with CCIE - Security books (PDF's, etc) - PLEASE.

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Parth wrote: »
    Darn it.. My journey for CCIE hasn't begun so good. I search all night and almost throughout the day for books mentioned in the cisco CCIE-security page and those reviewed in the thread over at CCIE section. I DIDN'T FIND A SINGLE BOOK. icon_exclaim.gif

I even walked down to the biggest computer book shop in town and he has like 4 of the books from the entire list but they all were older version. I am not sure if i can import all the books (I'm from India and reason is the cost of the books).. So this is basically an SOS (for a wrong cause no doubt, but please :) ) - Can anyone help me with CCIE - Security books (PDF's, etc) - PLEASE.

Try the safari thing. Seems to be popular these days for books.

Suggest you chop a tree down and print off all the cisco.com PDFs on the recommended list. That should keep you busy reading for a while..

Online Resources - CCIE - Cisco Systems

Without serious background in the technical fundamentals you will find some of this stuff very hard going.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    elover_jm wrote: »
    I'm a lil surprise about the argument of experience, Mr. hiring manager i bet almost 90% of the persons you interview and hire don't have the experience they put on paper.

Most people go to interviews relying on technical knowledge obtained through studying and practicing lab or prolly a few months experience.

I'm sure a lot do. Probably accounts for some of the fun when they get hired.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    elover_jm wrote: »
    I'm a lil surprise about the argument of experience, Mr. hiring manager i bet almost 90% of the persons you interview and hire don't have the experience they put on paper.
    Also consider the opposite, that people have experience they don't want to list on their resume. I have trimmed quite a bit of stuff off my resume over the years because I no longer want to work in or with those technologies, and I would prefer not to get calls from recruiters with jobs offers requiring those abandoned skills.
  • Options
    I'm having really hard time with the books.. I have read TCP/IP vol 1 and 2 mentioned in the cisco page. My fundamentals of networking are very strong.. I dont expect to get something new but commands will be a learning ride..

None the less. I do expect to pass CCIE on 28th when i give it.. :)

(once again please pass on any study material that you might have)
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Email me your resume.

pbosworth@gmail.com
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    I'll PM you my email ID. We can talk there.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'll PM you my email ID. We can talk there.

Replied.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    .. Bump ..

Still searching for the books icon_neutral.gif
  • Options
    With exam date coming near i'm no where near a complete CCIE package (i did get nuggets but they are no where near complete and are not for security track).

I'm planning to take a bank loan to buy on line course. While the exam cost is $350 (written only) i'm planning to buy an on line self learning solution. I have 2 vendors in mind

1. internetworkexpert

2. ipexpert

Since i'm going to opt for financial aid, i have to make sure i don't invest in the wrong place. Cost of both site's is around 700 USD for workbooks and around 1400 USD for the entire thing (including vids'). I am particularly interested in video's since i have very little time. I can watch vids while traveli or even when i'm very tired or something, that way i won't fall off to sleep; which i'm sure to do if i go in reading post work. (i spend 3+ hours traveling to and from work). I want opinion (would be great if someone has used it) to which solution is better

i have gone through the demo of each and i preferred the ipexpert one but like i said since i'm going to opt for financial aid i want second opinion.

Which one would you recommend ?
  • Options
    Life went down post November I guess.. CCIE was not to be given and I gave CISM with me being an emotional wreck. While the wreck has been grinded (I would love to use the word crushed) to fine powder thanks to the situation's that surround me. I hope for some good news that might tag along to give me what I really want.

However since this was a forum that did assist me while I was thinking of giving CCIE and CISM, I must share my news of successfully passing CISM. There is no happiness since I’ve lost a lot in last few months.

This is me saying, I’ve passed CISM and if I ever do start for CCIE again I’ll let you all know.

Life as its toughest point reminds me of this phrase that I last remember reading in school while being alone in class late afternoon. It was a chapter in the English text book. I honestly cannot understand even today why I read that line since I was hardly sincere towards studies and for someone like me to read a text book off study period is impossible.

Anyway here is the line:
    "Greater the difficulty, sweeter the victory."

Applesauce: Airborne to Chairborne

-Parth
    [/FONT]
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    Hey I'm so sorry to hear about that...but this is life...it has ups and downs...It'll get better soon, just hang in there ! and congrats for the CISM.

Life went down post November I guess.. CCIE was not to be given and I gave CISM with me being an emotional wreck. While the wreck has been grinded (I would love to use the word crushed) to fine powder thanks to the situation's that surround me. I hope for some good news that might tag along to give me what I really want.

However since this was a forum that did assist me while I was thinking of giving CCIE and CISM, I must share my news of successfully passing CISM. There is no happiness since I’ve lost a lot in last few months.

This is me saying, I’ve passed CISM and if I ever do start for CCIE again I’ll let you all know.

Life as its toughest point reminds me of this phrase that I last remember reading in school while being alone in class late afternoon. It was a chapter in the English text book. I honestly cannot understand even today why I read that line since I was hardly sincere towards studies and for someone like me to read a text book off study period is impossible.

Anyway here is the line:
    "Greater the difficulty, sweeter the victory."

Applesauce: Airborne to Chairborne

-Parth
    [/FONT]
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Yes, congratulations on passing the CISM!

Flaunting the CISSP/CISA/CISM hat-trick is not something many people can do.
  • Options
    My work experience got endorsed and approved today.

CISSP #307244.