Options

People Hating on my CCNA

This guy just told me how easy it should be to pass the CCNA. He then starts talking about the CCNP and I tell him how one of the exams is about multilayer switching, and he's like "How can it do multilayer switching" I tell him a 6500 can do routing and he says "Oh like a 2950" I hate it when people swear they are the ****.

Comments

• Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    There will always be people like that. No reason to get upset/frustrated about it. You know you passed your CCNA, and learned the material. So what if there's some n00b who thinks he's awesome? Work hard, and show him up. Those types of people get weeded out quick, especially in this economy. icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This guy just told me how easy it should be to pass the CCNA. He then starts talking about the CCNP and I tell him how one of the exams is about multilayer switching, and he's like "How can it do multilayer switching" I tell him a 6500 can do routing and he says "Oh like a 2950" I hate it when people swear they are the ****.

You just need to think on your feet and roll with it. You should have followed that up with, "Yea, that's just like me and you when it comes to pleasing your wife."
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    "Yes, exactly like a 2950."

Then you walk away knowing that everything he just said about the CCNA is bull****.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    You just need to think on your feet and roll with it. You should have followed that up with, "Yea, that's just like me and you when it comes to pleasing your wife."

ba-dunk-dunk-chhhhhhh

Also:

Tl31aqg2PqrfjmghF1IdiBvQo1_500.gif
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you see the person next time and then they start talking mess again, tell them to....
    stop drinking that haterade!!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I asked a coworker once about our MD5 script procedure. Something came up on a conference call and they were asking about how we were doing ours. Earlier that day my manager sent out an email to everybody congratulation myself and another for passing the CISSP exam. Sooo when I asked where our procedure documentation was he says "Man aren't you a CISSP?"....

Yeah passing the cissp makes me have psychic abilities to know where things are without asking. This guy heard "MD5" and saw an opportunity to test me because he felt insecure about himself. This always happens no matter what. When somebody says something you have and they do not is crap that means they are jealous or you are a reminder that they should be doing something they are too lazy to do.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    I asked a coworker once about our MD5 script procedure. Something came up on a conference call and they were asking about how we were doing ours. Earlier that day my manager sent out an email to everybody congratulation myself and another for passing the CISSP exam. Sooo when I asked where our procedure documentation was he says "Man aren't you a CISSP?"....

Yeah passing the cissp makes me have psychic abilities to know where things are without asking. This guy heard "MD5" and saw an opportunity to test me because he felt insecure about himself. This always happens no matter what. When somebody says something you have and they do not is crap that means they are jealous or you are a reminder that they should be doing something they are too lazy to do.

Welcome to the life of anyone with a CCIE.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
  • Options
    carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    Wait for him to go outside. Then get inside KITT and let it do all of the work.
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    In my book, he's a basic DC area BullSh*tter. I normally avoid these people and don't ask them to help on anything.

When people, who are not my client, ask me questions thinking that I should know the answer, I just say, "I don't know." After awhile, they leave me alone.
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    Firemarshalbill.comFiremarshalbill.com Member Posts: 128
    I bet this guy thinks he can use a Linksys as his corporate router, after all it has 4 ports.

IGNORE these boneheads. We have all studied our BUTTS off for our respective certifications, supported each other in our successes and failures, and helped when asked. No one here is trying to show up anyone else this forum is more like a team than a private business, on the contrary in business it always seems like one person knows it all HAH icon_redface.gif
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    Welcome to the life of anyone with a CCIE.

heh, same is true with a JNCIE. It's only after you achieve a IE level cert that you realize how little you know. Or how little your physic powers have grown ;)
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
    I appreciate it guys, I'm not gonna sweat it but I had to vent. I had this other dude I work with today get all interested in my converation when a friend/co-worker of mine offered to give me a few routers in the lab to study with. You all are right, people will be jealous...the funny thing is that I don't pretend to know everything, I'm the first one to admit that I'm still learning.
  • Options
    NorbieNorbie Member Posts: 105

I just have two CompTIA exams...if it makes you feel better I'm a little intimidated to even take the CCNA right now :)

Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way but what I'm trying to do now is to get as many CompTIA's as I can to sort of build up my resume...then I'll get the cooler specialized stuff like Microsoft or Cisco later.
    "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    ilcram19-2ilcram19-2 Banned Posts: 436
    funny lol, i never talked to anyone about IT unless they ask there are only a few friends that know what i do for a living and whenever they hear somebody saying how good they are on IT they just laft, IT for me is been a life style ever since i was 11 i been sitting on a computer after i come from school or work so i dont see the need to keep braggin about my technology skills to anyone, at work unless is work related u wont see me talking about IT or any of my certs even to my boss
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ilcarm9-12, do you know what punctuation is?

Honestly dude, please make your garble more readable. You have some good advice every now and then, so why not express it in a better way.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ilcram19-2 wrote: »
    i dont see the need to keep braggin about my technology skills to anyone

Exactly, if you're good at something, you don't need to tell everyone about it.
  • Options
    SatcomSatcom Member Posts: 110
    hahah funny thread...

i think people are hating im working on my CCNA

lolz
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ilcram19-2 wrote: »
    funny lol, i never talked to anyone about IT unless they ask there are only a few friends that know what i do for a living and whenever they hear somebody saying how good they are on IT they just laft, IT for me is been a life style ever since i was 11 i been sitting on a computer after i come from school or work so i dont see the need to keep braggin about my technology skills to anyone, at work unless is work related u wont see me talking about IT or any of my certs even to my boss

I feel the same way. When I do talk to my friends or family about what I do their eyes just glaze over. Especially when I talk about studying for a certification. Fortunately my coworkers are interested in gaining certifications so they like to talk about them.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    he probably designed the whole internet backbone too.
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    brad- wrote: »
    He works with Al Gore? Nice.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    brad- wrote: »

I thought Chuck Norris did that.
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    I thought Chuck Norris did that.

Mate be serial, why would a guy who can kill two stones with one bird bother creating the the interweb?

I totally agree with Fade, tolerate tools like this for now and they will be found out sooner or later. I was losing faith that these people don't get found out myself this year after several bad experiences, but it turns out they really do.

Stick at it and keep learning and posting your progress.

Cheers,

Pash
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Pash wrote: »
    Mate be serial, why would a guy who can kill two stones with one bird bother creating the the interweb?

I totally agree with Fade, tolerate tools like this for now and they will be found out sooner or later. I was losing faith that these people don't get found out myself this year after several bad experiences, but it turns out they really do.

Stick at it and keep learning and posting your progress.

Cheers,

Pash

Is it not two birds with one stone? ;) Ah my bad..serial and interweb! I need more coffee :)
  • Options
    Pash wrote: »

Dont' EVER question Chuck's motives.

Only Charles Bronson can do that.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Dont' EVER question Chuck's motives.

Only Charles Bronson can do that.

He was a bad ass
  • Options
    Firemarshalbill.comFiremarshalbill.com Member Posts: 128
    Chuck Norris doesn't do push up's he pushes the earth down.

It's amazing how we start hating on the CCNA and end up with Chuck Norris jokes LOL

icon_lol.gif
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • Options
    It's amazing how we start hating on the CCNA and end up with Chuck Norris jokes LOL

Everything begins and ends with Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris hates CCNA as well. icon_razz.gif
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

Actually, that would come in handy with my Security+ studies icon_rolleyes.gif