Options

People Hating on my CCNA

2»

Comments

• Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

Actually, that would come in handy with my Security+ studies icon_rolleyes.gif

Tell me about it buddy. Id also like him to hunt down the trainer in my CBT nuggets, don't get me wrong he know's his conceptual stuff but examples of security tools in Windows Vista is about as exciting as an old peoples disco (its not exiting at all).
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Pash wrote: »
    Tell me about it buddy. Id also like him to hunt down the trainer in my CBT nuggets, don't get me wrong he know's his conceptual stuff but examples of security tools in Windows Vista is about as exciting as an old peoples disco (its not exiting at all).

Hehehe now that would be hilarious. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    apd123apd123 Member Posts: 171
    Aldur wrote: »
    heh, same is true with a JNCIE. It's only after you achieve a IE level cert that you realize how little you know. Or how little your physic powers have grown ;)
    Honestly I even sort of understand people expecting unreal levels of expertise in my domain. Problem is the assumption that because I am a CCIE I have some across the board expertise into the minutia of each product Cisco sells.
  • Options
    apd123apd123 Member Posts: 171
    This guy just told me how easy it should be to pass the CCNA. He then starts talking about the CCNP and I tell him how one of the exams is about multilayer switching, and he's like "How can it do multilayer switching" I tell him a 6500 can do routing and he says "Oh like a 2950" I hate it when people swear they are the ****.
    Not to agree with your friend but this whole multilayer switching, layer X switching marketing nonsense just confuses people. Defining all of this stuff as switching really broadens the term too far. For example in the quoted post is the 6500 routing as you say or is it "multilayer switching"? I have met many intelligent people who understand the technology and are still baffled by the terms used.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    Welcome to the life of anyone with a CCIE.
    Or a Ph.D.