Who dat!

2»

Comments

• Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their @$$..

If....If...If........

I always find it funny when people ponder "If they hadn't..", or "If I hadn't drank too much and taken that midget home...", or "If Peyton hadn't.."..
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Also, understand, I take nothing away from the Colts. There's no doubt that Gregg Williams emptied the defensive playbook against Manning. He kept mixing it up, showing him 3-3, 4-3, 3-4, and tried not to give him the same look twice.

There's no doubt in my mind that if the Saints and Colts were to play again this coming Sunday, that the Colts would trounce the hell out of them. Manning is well known for the amount of time he spends watching film of his opponents, and he would have made sure that he was able to read the Saints D after watching the game film.

But on the same note, the Saints defense is alot better than people give them credit for. They employed the same 'bend, not break' strategy that they've used all year. It doesn't matter if the opposing team runs up 400+ yards against your defense if you can't translate that yardage to points. If a drive goes for 90+ yards, and the D creates a turnover before the last 10 are finished, those 90+ yards are pretty much worthless.

Peyton isn't the only one who watches film too. Porter recognized the bread and butter play as soon as they set it up and knew the ball was going to Reggie Wayne. Peyton made a mistake in throwing that pass to Wayne, Collie was wide open.

You've also got to give the Saints special teams alot of credit. Besides the onside kick, Morehead did a beautiful job of punting. The kick where he pinned the Colts back around their 5 was absolutely perfect. And you have to give it up to Garrett Hartley for not missing any field goals, take away any one of those, and the game looks a bit different.
  • hex_omegahex_omega Member Posts: 183
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    I wouldnt get so excited about a team whos only ever made it to the superbowl once.

So tell us what the appropriate number should be before you can get exited? The most Super Bowl wins by a single team is 6.

Dude, can you possibly rain on somebodys parade any more?

"YEA! The Saints win!!! Oh wait, I cant get too exited, they only won once..."
    The "who dat" thing is about the worst example of redneck ive ever heard.

Dude, "Who Dat" is about as 'redneck' as snow is warm...
    Plus, the onside kick at the half was a real low hit from NO, but i wouldnt expect anything less ;)

Onside kicks allegedly have about a 26% success rate. So, if anything, it was in the Colts' favor to have the ball on their 40-yard line to start the 2nd half moreso than the Saints to recover.

On a side note, did anybody else feel like that the THE longest dogpile in NFL history after that onside kick?
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security