Does anyone watch the IT Crowd

gpitts85gpitts85 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
My supervisor was just telling me about a show called the IT Crowd. I guess it doesnt air here in the states however you can get on netflix. Just want to get you guys opinion on this show
G-Money

Comptia A+

Pending... Security+

Degree in Progress....

B.S. MIS 45%

Philippians 4:13:
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"

Comments

• DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The first series was quite funny and ti still makes me chuckle a bit. Espicaly the server admin guy (you have to watch it a bit before you meet him). and there are some great bit of commedy throughout it all.

but I much prefere "the big bang theroy" that is much better written in my mind.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Off the wall british comedy. Has its moments... otherwise it's standard british comedy. You can also find it on youtube.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
    phantasm wrote: »
    it's standard british comedy.

by that you mean its actuly funny right ;)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Everyone in my office enjoyed it. I still like the part where Moss emails the fire department about a fire in the office.
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • ALfromSTLALfromSTL Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have watched season 3 off of NetFlix. I thought it was lame at first with an annoying laugh track, but I gave it another shot and now I am hooked. Moss is awesome.

<<< : )
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    love it.. was hooked by the first minute, as the phone rings and rings and rings icon_lol.gif
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Pretty good british comedy imo...better than that Two and a half man rubbish that is on 50 times a day but there are much better british comedies out there.

I duno what it is about Big bang theory but i cant get into it at all. The only good thing about that show is the hot blonde girl with the nice rack. Damn, american women are hot! :D
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    nel wrote: »
    Damn, american women are hot! :D

only the ones on tv mate....

but to be fair you do live in Scotland!? icon_razz.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    only the ones on tv mate....

but to be fair you do live in Scotland!? icon_razz.gif

EXACTLY, so any eye candy i can get is always good :D...still english at heart though...well i'll never be able to shrug off my sh*t accent anyway ;) haha

Actually Edinburgh isnt bad for women, some fine students and always alot of tourists kicking about.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Definately one of those you need to get into. My favourite moment on IT croud was:

RING RING, RING RING, RING RING, RING RING, RING RING, RING RING, RING RING, RING RING, RING RING, RING RING, RING RING, RING RING, RING RING, RING RING, RING RING, RING RING ... Roy picks up the phone and immediately says "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" Not hello, it department or anything. Hilarious. I have worked with people like Moss and Richmond staring into the horizon is just hillarious. Best is Jen (Katherine Parkinson) that becomes strangly georgous after a few episodes.

One of those repeats you come across and don't mind watching over again.
    Kam.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This is one of my favorite shows. I have to agre with Big Bang Theory as well. Good stuff!
  • disidisi Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would say it's a must see :) There is also some truth in those episodes...
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I found it humorous enough that I know the 4th season is supposed to start filming next month.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Anyone who's ever worked IT can find a few pearls of truth in the show.

Big Bang Theory took me about 5 episodes to get into. The stereotypical nerd crap offended me at first.

But Sheldon just kind of grows on you. And the fun part is watching how the characters relate to Sheldon
  • SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    nel wrote: »
    Damn, american women are hot! :D

I'm inclined to say the same about British women, that and the accent...I'm a huge Doctor Who fan and absolutely want to marry Billie Piper or Freema Agyeman...matter of fact, I think the girl that plays Gwen Cooper on Torchwood is hot w/ her gap tooth LOL.
    I know a few people not unlike sheldon (like the guy who while off ill from work, took his tempture every 5min to see how it cycled over 24 hours)

See I would term Lenard a Geek
    Sheldon a nerd
    and the other two just simply miss fits

oh and of course penny as hot ;)

and as for the stereotypical nerd stuff, sometimes I don't think they go far enough. On tuesday I walk in and started telling my wife about my new CCNP SWITCH text book.

She was like, "yes.. thats very nice dear, now why don't you sit down, I cooked you a lovely dinner, eat that and you can get it out to play with later "

I can see i'm on the slippery slope from a geek to nerd.. And I so use to think i was Cool.
    The best episode is the "Aunt Erma" one. roflmao. Poor old Moss doesn't get it at first.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    "Have you tried switching it off and switching it back on again?"

I don't think anyone outside of IT can fully appreciate the amount of truth in this running gag.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Season 4 starts Friday!!! Yeah!!! icon_cheers.gif

Of course it's on Channel 4 in the UK -- can't find it listed in the US.... icon_sad.gif Maybe Channel 4 has a web site where you can view episode a day or two after they've aired on TV. icon_bounce.gif

No one can give away any of the plots until we've all had a chance to see the new episodes. :)
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Maybe Channel 4 has a web site where you can view episode a day or two after they've aired on TV. icon_bounce.gif

That'll be this one :-
    Channel 4 - 4oD

Not sure if it works outside the UK tho, I know the others try to block theirs, but as we all know there are ways round that icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Season 4 starts Friday!!! Yeah!!! icon_cheers.gif

Of course it's on Channel 4 in the UK -- can't find it listed in the US.... icon_sad.gif Maybe Channel 4 has a web site where you can view episode a day or two after they've aired on TV. icon_bounce.gif

No one can give away any of the plots until we've all had a chance to see the new episodes. :)
    I've been DVR'ing the reruns off IFC since I don't use Netflix anymore. Hope there's a way for us yanks to catch the new episodes.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    "Have you tried switching it off and switching it back on again?"

I don't think anyone outside of IT can fully appreciate the amount of truth in this running gag.

I took my wife's iPod to the Apple store awhile back because it stopped working. I handed it to the tech, told him it didn't work and he proceeded to say that verbatim to me. After laughing for about 5 minutes we realized we both watched the show. Needless to say we spent bout 30 minutes talking about the IT Crowd and 5 minutes fixing my wife's iPod.
  • fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    "If you type Google into Google, you can break the Internet".

Great Stuff!
  • steve_fsteve_f Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Check out the AWFUL US version pilot:

YouTube - The IT Crowd (US version)

horrible acting!!
    How much did they pay the audience (if there actually was one) to laugh. Moss wasn't even as good in this version. Not funny at all.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Both of these shows were a waste of time.

BTW, here's a little gem. The Big Bang Theory sans laugh track.

Really funny...

YouTube - Big Bang Theory minus laughter.
    Has anyone been catching the IT crowd lately on IFC. I'm not sure but I think they're showing the new season.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    by that you mean its actuly funny right ;)

Ummmmm.......

But in spite of my disdain for British comedy, I will still try to catch this.

The only British Comedy that I like is when C-SPAN shows a session on the House of Commons. That will always make me laugh, hands down! Mind altering substances optional when watching that stuff.....

(I wish the US Congress was even near as funny though....)
  • Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    SRTMCSE wrote: »
    I'm inclined to say the same about British women, that and the accent...I'm a huge Doctor Who fan and absolutely want to marry Billie Piper or Freema Agyeman...matter of fact, I think the girl that plays Gwen Cooper on Torchwood is hot w/ her gap tooth LOL.

I am from Cardiff/South Wales where the new Dr Who and Torchwood are filmed & to top it off I was the senior sys admin at the cyber factory icon_thumright.gif