Failed CCENT today

2»

Comments

• mulcahydmulcahyd Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HardDisk wrote: »
    I ran out of time with one sim and fifteen questions untouched.

Over the past year or so I have passed five certifications exams all on my first attempt. That would be three CompTIA exams (A+ counts as two exams) and one Microsoft exam. I have never had a problem with running out of time.

I feel I know the CCENT material I just never trained or practiced for speed questions and answers.

Now I am very worried about my next attempt. My understanding is that if you fail the CCENT twice you have to wait six months before you can attempt your third try. Would this mean that I would also have to wait six months before I could attempt the CCNA exam?

I am thinking that rather than risk failing the CCENT twice I should just Man-up and attempt the CCNA exam? If I were to go this route and fail the CCNA exam what would my exam options then be? Could I take attempt the CCNA exam for a second time? Would I still be eligible to go back and attempt my second try at the CCENT exam?

Your thoughts please

HardDisk

Hey. I failed my exam 640-822 twice and recently passed it on my third attempt in March 2010. CCENT now. I'm currently reviewing for 640-816 and give it a go. Let me know what areas you need help on, and I'll try to help you out.
  • super22super22 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    how many questions are in 640-822? if its ok to ask...
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    super22 wrote: »
    how many questions are in 640-822?
    640-822 ICND1 - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
    Duration: 90 Minutes (40-50 questions)

You'll actually find out the actual number of questions you're getting before your exam starts (and the amount of time you'll have) -- I usually jot those down on my dry erase note things and do some quick time management calculations.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    mikej412 wrote: »
    640-822 ICND1 - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

You'll actually find out the actual number of questions you're getting before your exam starts (and the amount of time you'll have) -- I usually jot those down on my dry erase note things and do some quick time management calculations.

That's excellent advice, i'll have to remember that.
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    why destroy your confidence by taking the composite exam huh?
    you just need to study and hammer it out and practice like for speed.
    My friend failed ccent and he thought like you did that it would be easy as pie after taking his net plus and a+. I told him it is a different animal--he failed like I said he would (some friend huh?) ahah but I told him he had to practice subnetting 30 minutes a day and make up his own labs and get as many subnetting quetions as he coudl find and do them all and try to increase speed get a timer like I did and pratice with an annoying timer ticking at you. you have to practice like you are going to take the test. A runner or a weight lifer practices exactly how he or she is going to test out so do you cert takers have to practice like a real test. The more pressure in your fake test the better you will be...practice pratice practice
    and pressure pressure pressure. and like Mikej said you have to time management. Like 10 minutes on sims and jam jam jam..
    ccent over but this time practice like you are taking a test. get other tests etc...
  • Ghost768Ghost768 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think he means 6 month to take another exam after passing not to attempt again
  • shellee1983shellee1983 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    DPG wrote: »
    There is no "6 month rule" that applies to exam failures. You only have to wait 5 days before retakes.

You do, however, have to wait 6 months after PASSING an exam before you can retake it.

I was about to freak out a little bit. I've paid to take the exam again this weekend and I'm not really sure I will pass. I have a few certifications and this one was just wow. Now this may sound kind of stupid but I have to wait for my school to approve me to take it again with their voucher, however, I would use this as a really expensive practice test so that I can calm my nerves which killed me the first time. So that whole waiting 6 months for a third time would have screwed me.