voucher4you.com is a ripoff!!!

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    over9000 wrote: »
    I was also wondering if anyone has used this site? https://www.calarttech.com/ If so, are the vouchers from there legit? Will they really pay for a second shot if you need it?

I have never heard of it. Certguard lists it as a classroom/personal training website. Search
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • brewdbrewd Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    over9000 wrote: »
    Did everyone get their money back from voucher4you.com? I see he's back selling vouchers again on his website. I'm too scared to try and buy a voucher from him after hearing the horror stories from you guys. I was also wondering if anyone has used this site? https://www.calarttech.com/ If so, are the vouchers from there legit? Will they really pay for a second shot if you need it?

After my debacle with purchasing a voucher from Voucher4you I did buy a Network+ voucher from calarttech.com. This was actually for the JK0-016 version of the exam, as opposed to the N10-004. Everything seems to have been legit, though, I successfully registered, passed the exam and the CompTIA website shows it on my list of Certifications.

You'll note, however, that the JK version of the CompTIA exams are the E2C (Education 2 Career) version of the exam. It seems the cert itself is no different, and it is still the 2009 version of the Network+ exam.

Along with the voucher (which retails for about $118 per the Prometric receipt, although calarttech sells it for about $205 on eBay, less on their site, still a $34 break from the retail voucher price for N10-004) you get online training. This amounts to 100 questions of mediocre quality, but as long as you get 90% they say per their eBay auctions that you can get a second shot for free in case of failure.

Their website training, however, is unbearably slow to apply an answer and crashed often. Considering it could have saved me ~$200 in case I failed my exam though, I went through with it.

Anyways, calarttech seems honest enough from my experience and has a lot of positive feedback on ebay (although Voucher4you did as well...).
    brewd wrote: »
    You'll note, however, that the JK version of the CompTIA exams are the E2C (Education 2 Career) version of the exam. It seems the cert itself is no different, and it is still the 2009 version of the Network+ exam.

The Jk0 vouchers register for a different test number, but it is the same test. They are also not to be sold, and could possibly be voided if that fact is made known. They are intended for those in school, although they didn't do any verification for this.
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    The Jk0 vouchers register for a different test number, but it is the same test. They are also not to be sold, and could possibly be voided if that fact is made known. They are intended for those in school, although they didn't do any verification for this.

From the E2C fact book
    What is the cost of the certifications?
    Once a school or organization meets the criteria to participate in the E2C Education to Careers program and becomes a CompTIA member, they are then able to purchase test vouchers at significant discounts. Test vouchers must be purchased prior to scheduling the tests and are available through Prometric and VUE. The program is a voucher-only program. The costs of vouchers are in US dollars. E2C Vouchers are not to be resold.
    Current voucher prices are:
    A+ voucher is $74 CDIA+ voucher is $208
    CTT+ exam voucher is $191 CTT+ VBT voucher is $208
    Convergence+ voucher is $191 DHTI+ voucher is $191
    Linux+ voucher is $118 Network+ voucher is $118
    PDI+ voucher is $191 Project+ voucher is $118
    RFID+ voucher is $165 Security+ voucher is $165
    Server+ voucher is $118
    The vouchers are good for 12 months from the date of purchase.

Now I have bought one before. My teacher bought them for the class, and then we paid cash for them. I'm sure this is an acceptable behavior, since we paid face value for them and all. But to make a profit I'm sure is a violation.
    Thanks for the tip Devilsbane. The whole transaction seemed a little weird honestly... I'll steer clear of calarttech, as that's the case, in the future.
  • ComputadoraComputadora Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Do you all think this is safe?:

Comptia Network+ EXAM 100% VOUCHER Early Expiry - eBay (item 280548851478 end time Sep-13-10 11:04:08 PDT)

I'm kinda worried because it shows as only 4 sold under history yet the buyer has such a high rating, I'm not sure if this is just the voucher4you guy making another account on eBay?
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□

Comptia Network+ EXAM 100% VOUCHER Early Expiry - eBay (item 280548851478 end time Sep-13-10 11:04:08 PDT)

I'm kinda worried because it shows as only 4 sold under history yet the buyer has such a high rating, I'm not sure if this is just the voucher4you guy making another account on eBay?

I don't remember the style that voucher4you used for his ebay listings. Paypal should have your back no matter what so you should be good. I bought EC2 vouchers for CompTIA exams because I was a student in the last term. I used Getcerify4less for my CCNA voucher and everything went good. If you are a student, definitely check with the CS dept. or your bookstore to see if they offer reduced vouchers; I remember paying $118 for it.
  • triotrio Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□

ebaymember since 2009,He is ok,i bought from testkill months ago couple of Microsoft ,A+ and Network+ .I did not have any problems with my vouchers.
    Soo if i take E2C exams instead of professional ones,do i receive the same certificate as professional one? Also exam contents are the same?
    trio wrote: »
    Soo if i take E2C exams instead of professional ones,do i receive the same certificate as professional one? Also exam contents are the same?

Same test, same credentials, just a different name. You also have to get a special voucher.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm little confused here, so is it legal or not to buy exam vouchers ?
    za3bour wrote: »
    I'm little confused here, so is it legal or not to buy exam vouchers ?

Standard exam vouchers, yes. The E2C vouchers say they are not to be resold, but I think they mean that they can't be sold for profit. I don't know why you wouldn't be allowed to have someone else buy it for you, and then to pay them back.
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Standard exam vouchers, yes. The E2C vouchers say they are not to be resold, but I think they mean that they can't be sold for profit. I don't know why you wouldn't be allowed to have someone else buy it for you, and then to pay them back.
    Calarttech may meet the requirement to offer the E2C vouchers. They also offer Microsoft e-learning and vouchers, and you can find them listed on the Microsoft IT Academy website, so I think they are legitimate.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
    Calarttech may meet the requirement to offer the E2C vouchers. They also offer Microsoft e-learning and vouchers, and you can find them listed on the Microsoft IT Academy website, so I think they are legitimate.

I'm not questioning whether they meet the requirement to get access to E2C vouchers. It really isn't that difficult. 1. Be an educational institute. 2. Offer a class that promotes Comptia (could just be a general Hardware/Software class, but since it teaches the same material as an A+ it counts) and 3. Pay an $890 yearly fee.

What I'm questioning, is that E2C vouchers are not to be sold. The fact that they can get them is just fine, but since they are trying to sell them is against the rules that E2C has set and if they found out they would likely lose their membership status.

Does this affect you at all? I don't know. Provided they never get caught, no. But if they did I don't know that they would go back and track down those with contraband vouchers and expire vouchers / pull certifications.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□

Thanks a lot for the clarification.
    Looks like the site is back up, except everything says call for price. What a load of BS
    Anyone received refunds from this guy?
  • SynthrosSynthros Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    trio wrote: »
    Anyone received refunds from this guy?

I'm still waiting to hear back. I submitted a claim through PayPal, and the claim details state that he has until the 26th to respond.
    I submitted a Paypal claim as well and Paypal has given him until 8/22 to respond. I'm hoping that means I'll possibly get a refund tomorrow. I need some $'s to start building a lab for the Cisco exams...
    Just received my credit from Paypal. If he doesn't respond to your Paypal dispute you will definitely get your money back. Check in the Paypal Resolution Center for the date he's been given to reply by (10 days from when you opened the dispute).

Even if he does reply after that date he's out of luck and you'll get your purchase completely refunded. Hopefully everyone in the same situation gets their money back. Luckily there hasn't been too high of a price to pay for this lesson.
  • SynthrosSynthros Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just received my credit from Paypal. If he doesn't respond to your Paypal dispute you will definitely get your money back. Check in the Paypal Resolution Center for the date he's been given to reply by (10 days from when you opened the dispute).

Even if he does reply after that date he's out of luck and you'll get your purchase completely refunded. Hopefully everyone in the same situation gets their money back. Luckily there hasn't been too high of a price to pay for this lesson.

That's great news. Thanks for the update, brewd.

Credit Card companies usually have a similar policy. If the seller doesn't respond before a certain date it is assumed that they aren't going to and you get your money back. Only problem here is if you used a debit/check card. Even though they carry a VISA logo doesn't mean you have a credit card and disputes need to be taken up with you bank who have every right to just give you the shoulder.
  • ArystaArysta Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I bought the voucher off the guy's site and not on ebay, and paypal refuses to refund my money. I've written to them a few times, but they say I got a "significantly not-as-described item" and they don't cover that unless it was bought through ebay. So friggin' lame.

Now that I don't have/can't afford an A+ certification, I'm bound to just get an endless amount of doors closed in my face as I attempt to start my IT career. Annoying how things work like that.
  • descender421descender421 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Arysta wrote: »
    I bought the voucher off the guy's site and not on ebay, and paypal refuses to refund my money. I've written to them a few times, but they say I got a "significantly not-as-described item" and they don't cover that unless it was bought through ebay. So friggin' lame.

Now that I don't have/can't afford an A+ certification, I'm bound to just get an endless amount of doors closed in my face as I attempt to start my IT career. Annoying how things work like that.

I'm in the same boat and registered for these forums just for that reason. Put in a dispute with Paypal today and within an hour they closed it and emailed me the following:

Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
    Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
    does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
    received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
    refund.

Pretty sure I'm screwed now if the owners of the site itself don't get back to me. I won't be buying from them again obviously if I don't hear back from them soon.
    Pretty sure I'm screwed now if the owners of the site itself don't get back to me. I won't be buying from them again obviously if I don't hear back from them soon.

Just because Paypal refuses to take care of it doesn't leave you SOL. If I was to sell you a voucher and it turns out it was just a number that I made up, you are entitled to bring me to court.

You can also contact ZenCart who is hosting his website and inform them that he is ripping customers off and they might shut his site down.

My advice would be to threaten legal action, even if you have no intent of following up on it, maybe he will get moving a little quicker.
    I'm in the same boat and registered for these forums just for that reason. Put in a dispute with Paypal today and within an hour they closed it and emailed me the following:

Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
    Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
    does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
    received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
    refund.

Arysta & descender421, don't place the dispute via the Paypal website. Call Paypal's support directly and place the claim.

If you do it via the website it will be automatically closed out due to it not being a "tangible" item. If you call them they will go the route that my dispute took where the seller has 10 days to reply. If he does reply, you will not get your money back from Paypal for the same non-tangible reasoning. Good luck
  • descender421descender421 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Brewd and Devilsbane. Kind of strange, but the guy got back to me within the past hour and said he will get me a replacement voucher soon. I just hope what happened to a previous poster doesn't happen again ala the voucher being canceled for a second time. Otherwise, I will definitely call in Paypal next time instead of doing it via web. I didn't realize that's how it worked. Thanks again guys.
    brewd,did you buy your voucher through ebay or through his website?
    I originally bought a Security+ voucher from him on ebay and had no problem with it. I then bought a Network+ voucher from his website that was cancelled by Prometric.

Personally, I wouldn't trust this guy's replacement voucher. He guarenteed me and others that he would rectify the issue and then never responded to emails. Get your refund while it's still possible.
    Well If appointment is also getting canceled without any notification,or do you receive one in your email saying it is cancelled?
    Do you also think certificate would be invoked? Did anyone pass and had it marked on file?