Options

perferct score?

13»

Comments

• Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have actually gotten perfect scores on a couple cert tests. It just depends on the test really. I also take tests very quickly, almost to a fault some times.

I made a perfect score on Sec+ in about 10 minutes. I also just did the CIW Foundation exam in about 5 minutes with a perfect score. I find on most foundational level exams I only have to skim the questions to find the answer. I think I took maybe 15 minutes or so to do my CCNA. I didn't get a perfect score, but its entirely possible to knock out exams super fast without cheating.

Are you some kind of genius? I know Sec+ has some really oddly worded questions in it, so that seems a little bit fast to me. How did you study?
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Are you some kind of genius? I know Sec+ has some really oddly worded questions in it, so that seems a little bit fast to me. How did you study?

Can't speak for genius but I do know some people speed read like crazy. I can polish off a 700+ page novel in an evening provided I do nothing but read. Just one of those things that comes naturally to some.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    I don't work currently, so when I'm not in school I'm studying as much as 15 hours a day. Everyday. I even keep track of my studying in an excel spreadsheet as a source of motivation. If that's not enough, my reading comprehension and English skills have been untestable on standardized tests since the age of 16. I'm ashamed to admit this (it feels like bragging), but I hope you can see how it may be possible to pass a bunch of exams quickly.

It would be a shame if I was accused of unethical study habits.....

I have plans to take A+, Net+, and Sec+ in December. If the money is not there I'll only be taking A+ next month. I've been reading over 300 pages every day. Assuming I pass all three of these, would CompTIA be putting me under a microscope?

It's not fair to assume that passing several exams quickly means a person is cheating.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've known people who could read almost as fast as they turned the page and retained the stuff better than me. As for me the MS tests 40 questions in 90 minutes had me stressed for time.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Matt27[lt]Matt27[lt] Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Turgon wrote: »
    But a footprint of heavy 900+ scores leaves a bad taste in the mouth IMHO.
    After all the comments feeling like a dummper now icon_rolleyes.gif. Despite the fact I preparied for one exam for 4 months. Did the labs, read the books, technet etc. Also wondering, how future-maybe-boss interviewing me could react about scores. Should I mention to him I also failed exams before passing?
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Matt27[lt] wrote: »
    After all the comments feeling like a dummper now icon_rolleyes.gif. Despite the fact I preparied for one exam for 4 months. Did the labs, read the books, technet etc. Also wondering, how future-maybe-boss interviewing me could react about scores. Should I mention to him I also failed exams before passing?

I've never seen/heard of a potential employer asking about certification scores. What matters to employers about the cert is that you actually have it and can verify with the cert ID and the knowledge. The score is typically "water cooler talk" with the other guys/gals of the IT department to gain bragging rights! HTH.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538

Sorry I just saw this.

Here is my list:
    Sybex
    CBT nuggets
    exam cram - I think I skimmed this book
    Cisco security classes
    O/S security classes
    security policy classes
    lots of hands on experience
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • Options
    TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    earweed wrote: »
    I've known people who could read almost as fast as they turned the page and retained the stuff better than me. As for me the MS tests 40 questions in 90 minutes had me stressed for time.

I`ve bought speed reading software a year ago and studied it everyday for months. My speed went from 250 words a minute to 850 words a minute. It did help with certifications as i could do 100 question practice test in under 10 minutes. It also improves your memory but the problem i encountered with this was if i took a practice test more than twice i would memorize the entire test which increased my speed even more. Luckily i had an instructor that helped me to focus on the material and not the score of your practice test. I had to stop at every question and explain why one answer was correct and the others were wrong. Using that technique and 3 months of preparation i scored a 900 on the 701 and a 895 on the 702. No ****, jus extremely focused. So yea, it is possible that some people fly through test AND get high scores without cheating. But when i walk into a testing site and I`m done with my test before the person 3 seats behind me finishes registering, no one stops to ask how or why. You just get that look...That SAME look, that if you looked at me like that on the street...[exhales]I just had to get that out. I`ve been accused of using a **** before and its pretty infuriating.icon_mad.gif No, no I`m good...I`m good.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I`ve bought speed reading software a year ago and studied it everyday for months. My speed went from 250 words a minute to 850 words a minute. It did help with certifications as i could do 100 question practice test in under 10 minutes. It also improves your memory but the problem i encountered with this was if i took a practice test more than twice i would memorize the entire test which increased my speed even more. Luckily i had an instructor that helped me to focus on the material and not the score of your practice test. I had to stop at every question and explain why one answer was correct and the others were wrong. Using that technique and 3 months of preparation i scored a 900 on the 701 and a 895 on the 702. No ****, jus extremely focused. So yea, it is possible that some people fly through test AND get high scores without cheating. But when i walk into a testing site and I`m done with my test before the person 3 seats behind me finishes registering, no one stops to ask how or why. You just get that look...That SAME look, that if you looked at me like that on the street...[exhales]I just had to get that out. I`ve been accused of using a **** before and its pretty infuriating.icon_mad.gif No, no I`m good...I`m good.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

That certainly is plausible, Comrade.

I would like to get a speed reading system myself. Which is the one that you used? Something like that would definitely help for the MS exams when I get back into the reading. Maybe I can knock out Lost Symbol finally. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    erpadmin wrote: »
    That certainly is plausible, Comrade.

I would like to get a speed reading system myself. Which is the one that you used? Something like that would definitely help for the MS exams when I get back into the reading. Maybe I can knock out Lost Symbol finally. icon_sad.gif

The software that i used was called SpeedReaderX. i saw an infomercial for EyeQ i think it was called and Googled it. My search determined that the SRX was better so i used that one. If you do purchase it, forewarning, it looks extremely cheesy and basic but the principles really helped.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]