Options

New Job Network Engineer

2»

Comments

• Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    phantasm wrote: »
    If your job was that "classified", you wouldn't be mentioning it. As for the OP, congrats!!
    The policy is not to mention it. However, most of people from my job have linkedin and they dont get in trouble. They even post it in their facebook. As long as I don't tell the world or forum that hey, Im the PRESIDENT of UNITED STATES", I should be ok. Thanks for hating though. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    shecklersheckler Member Posts: 201
  • Options
    BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Yah, those 6500 are no joke. Freaking heavy to put in (one of my co worker messed up his hand) and a challenge to config.

Senior's usually get comfortable and let the new kids work. Its a bad thing since we're getting paid less doing their work but at least we're learning more.

Im not really using my CCIP. However, I knock that out of the way just in case I go for the CCIE track.

150k is doable. I know some contractors with the right experience and right cert(s) gets paid 175k-200k.

Are you pertaining to senior network admin? no offense to our great senior network admin in this board, but as a network engineer you're definitely higher than them ;) did you see the posts from other members on this same thread?

If your coming from the other side of things then this is a huge jump/welcome to the big???

They all ride in our network we tell them what's up and that's just how it is, in my case with the senior network admin I am higher than him in every aspects and every way, and the issue is the senior guy is unskilled.
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Yah, those 6500 are no joke. Freaking heavy to put in (one of my co worker messed up his hand) and a challenge to config.

Senior's usually get comfortable and let the new kids work. Its a bad thing since we're getting paid less doing their work but at least we're learning more.

Im not really using my CCIP. However, I knock that out of the way just in case I go for the CCIE track.

150k is doable. I know some contractors with the right experience and right cert(s) gets paid 175k-200k.

The 6500 series platforms are a beast!! That's for sure. I'm liking the new Nexxus platform. Hell, I like the ASR's even though I won't say what we call them around the office. lol.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Are you pertaining to senior network admin? no offense to our great senior network admin in this board, but as a network engineer you're definitely higher than them ;) did you see the posts from other members on this same thread?

If your coming from the other side of things then this is a huge jump/welcome to the big???

They all ride in our network we tell them what's up and that's just how it is, in my case with the senior network admin I am higher than him in every aspects and every way, and the issue is the senior guy is unskilled.

I think its about being them Senior made them lazy and not care about technology. They stopped learning and lost their fire inside. Thanks for saying Im higher than them. Now if I can only convince my boss to give me a raise.lol

Its crazy how much unskilled people work at I.T. Sometimes I wonder how some of them get hired. icon_sad.gif