Favorite wireless router?

2»

Comments

• vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MikroTik Routers and Wireless

These guys OWN wireless and a whole lot more.

I have an RB-2011 wireless version at home and have an MPLS core running over a full duplex (yes you read that right) wifi point-to-point shot with another mikrotik I have in the house.

The best part is they are cheap as dirt and reliable as hell
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • chmodchmod Member Posts: 360 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have heard about them, they are supposed to be better than ubiquiti. Haven't try one but i will for sure.
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They are frequently used with Ubiquity APs and AirFiber to build WISP and Service Provider networks.

Mikrotik makes DD-WRT look like a 10BaseT hub from 1992 icon_smile.gif

My Mikrotik will do almost everything that a $100,000 Cisco 7600 router will just not at 720 Gbps...although 900Mbps of throughput and dual radios for a router that costs 100 bucks ain't bad.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    D-link DIR-600. I own it and although it have no support for dd-wrt, I find it pretty useful for 'normal' work.
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    WNDR3700 v.2 is what I'm currently using. It's very stable. The v.1 I had before wasn't. I like Netgear routers but they often tend to mess up the firmware and introduce more problems than solutions when they change things, so it's best to just leave the firmware as is unless there are security fixes or until the router is at EOL, increasing the likelyhood of good firmware.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ASUS RT-N16.

I was running Cisco AP's in our house and got tired of gaps in coverage, and other issues (I'm not a wireless guru)- so I decided to simplify, but I also wanted to finally go to 802.11n. We have a pretty large house, so I needed something with great coverage. Installed the ASUS, and the coverage is great, management interface is clean and easy to navigate, and the speeds tripled- so it's a win-win across the board.