Options

Cell phone? carrier?

2»

Comments

• Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I actually don't own, nor do I have plans to own a cell phone. I know that I have to get one for work, but they're footing that bill, not I. Also on times when i'm not on call, it will be turned off and kept out of sight.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Anyone on sprint getting a new nexus?
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    Hypntick wrote: »
    I actually don't own, nor do I have plans to own a cell phone. I know that I have to get one for work, but they're footing that bill, not I. Also on times when i'm not on call, it will be turned off and kept out of sight.
    Some people would compare that to old people who refuse to use a computer because of all the newfangled technology:)

I recently switched to a smartphone and I love it. worth the 70 a month I pay? not quite sure, but its not the end of the world.
  • Options
    Jayjett90Jayjett90 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    SteveLord wrote: »
    Blackberry sucks now. RIM is so far behind the times it's ridiculous. My Bold from Verizon runs OS 6 like garbage. Yet, they promote every single OS as being so awesome and fast. Also, nearly all their phones have been 90% identical to each other. And their apps plain suck. Their latest Playbook tablet is not very impressive. I've had one for work to play with and I just can't figure out how it benefits me to carry it around.

Unfortunately, I am holding onto this one until a new Droid phone with a keyboard comes out. Then I will be off the Blackberry ship after riding it for 6 straight years.

I had T-Mobile and I had the Blackberry 9700, horrible combo. My phone would freeze up every two seconds well texting and browsing the web, are you kidding me??

So now I have Sprint and the Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch YAY!
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Motorola Droid Bionic with Verizon. The 4G sucks big time, so I just turned it off and stick to 3G. Why does the 4G suck? Well the speed are awesome, but Verizon has this issue where when switching to 4G to 3G you lose your data connection. At one time I lost my data connection for 6 hours and the only fix thus far has been to turn 4G off. Hopefully they will fix that at some point.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    Samsung Nexus, rooted, oc'd on Verizon, grandfathered still unlimited data, 40 a month.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I went from iPhone 3Gs (Original phone) to Original Droid (Hated it with every fibre of my being) to iPhone 4 > Droid X > iPhone 4 again. I wanted to firmly believe there was an alternative to the iPhone, the droid just kept letting me down everytime. Slowness, mostly. The slowness problems were definitely fixed (I still play with test phones at best buy, verizon, at&t), but it left a sour taste in my mouth.

But ultimately i've settled on... a TracFone. Cheap, I don't call anyone so I don't need to spend 90 bucks each month for a cellphone with limited data... I always, ALWAYS go over. Pandora, enough said. I like my 19 bucks a month cost :)
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams