Options

Madden NFL 12

2»

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just cancelled my order. I advised you guys to stay away from Walmart since you may not get the game within 2 days after the release.

I'm gonna go ahead with Amazon since I still have two weeks left of free trial on student Amazon Prime. What kind of subscription do you have with them? I was thinking about renewing my subscription, because I love the free 2-day shipping deal. But the thing is that the free 2-day shipping deal will only lasts 6 months for $35 student amazon prime 1-year subscription. That's some BS.

I had my free year as a student and have since paid the $35 to have the real subscription for a year. Where did you hear that you only get 6 months?? To my knowledge it is the same as the full blown Prime membership (including access to the free videos which I have recently started taking advantage of)
    briandy81 wrote: »
    This years madden has big changes from last years.

I've not really kept up over the past couple years. What's new?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I had my free year as a student and have since paid the $35 to have the real subscription for a year. Where did you hear that you only get 6 months?? To my knowledge it is the same as the full blown Prime membership (including access to the free videos which I have recently started taking advantage of)

I think you got grandfathered into the old deal, but I'm not sure if I can get grandfathered into my current subscription since that was only 1-year free trial.

Here's the link, I am glad I read the "not so fine" prints under the Benefits section:
    As an Amazon Student member you'll also get six months of FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime, and will automatically continue receiving Amazon Prime shipping benefits at a cost of $39 a year for up to four years with automatic renewal.
  • Options
    I think you got grandfathered into the old deal, but I'm not sure if I can get grandfathered into my current subscription since that was only 1-year free trial.

Here's the link, I am glad I read the "not so fine" prints under the Benefits section:

Ok, I see what is going on. When I signed up (last summer), I got 1 free year of Amazon Prime. (Minus the free streaming which didn't come out until I was already in). As of a few weeks ago I am now doing that 4 years of $39 a year which now is the same as the full Amazon Prime membership.

The $39 deal didn't exist when I first signed up. Sounds like they shortened the free trial to 6 months and then to make up for it they offer the 4 years of a discount to really get their hook set into you before you have to start paying the full $80 or $90 that it is now.
  • Options
    zaxbysaucezaxbysauce Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have all the major consoles (plus all of last gen and a few classics), but if a game is on ps3 and 360 I always get it on 360.
    Transferred
    LAE1 LUT1 LAT1 AXV1 TTV1 INC1 SSC1 SST1 GAC1 HHT1 TSV1 IWC1 IWT1 ABV1 BAC1 BBC1 TNV1
    Finished
    EWB2
    WFV1 CLC1MGC1
  • Options
    zaxbysauce wrote: »
    I have all the major consoles (plus all of last gen and a few classics), but if a game is on ps3 and 360 I always get it on 360.

I have always been a Playstation fanboy. I know I'm not big on gaming as I'm getting older and busier, I have to say I'm glad I didn't get xbox, since I don't need all that distraction. I also don't need to pay for xbox live subscription plan, which is one of the things I like about Playstation. I know people are saying we're gonna have to pay eventually, but in the meantime, I would rather take advantage of this freebie. PS3 suits my needs. I watch high-def blu-ray movies, netflix, and I am able to play most of my favorite games on PS3. Metal Gear Solid was the #1 reason why I have to stick with the Playstation system.

I have to admit I was tempted to join the xbox gang, but I was afraid that if I join, I would be one of the last people that got suckered because of the new xbox console is released.
  • Options
    I bought it. I've only played a little but so far I'm not impressed.

It seems they tweak the menus more and more to look cooler but that hurts the usability in my eyes. The gameplay is the same way. Looks fantastic but it feels like the controls aren't as responsive anymore. Rather than do the buttons I push it feels like the game is trying to auto correct or something. I go to throw a ball way before anyone is close to me but it just doesn't seem to get launched and I take the sack.

Other thoughts?
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I bought it. I've only played a little but so far I'm not impressed.

It seems they tweak the menus more and more to look cooler but that hurts the usability in my eyes. The gameplay is the same way. Looks fantastic but it feels like the controls aren't as responsive anymore. Rather than do the buttons I push it feels like the game is trying to auto correct or something. I go to throw a ball way before anyone is close to me but it just doesn't seem to get launched and I take the sack.

Other thoughts?

Devilsbane, I know you're going to hate me if I tell you I haven't bought the game yet. I was being hesitant again after I cancelled my order. Then when Irene came, I had to defer this matter. I also read the reviews on it from the people who received the early-release. They weren't happy with it either, but I don't see how they gave it a 7 or 7.5 out of 10. I also wanted to focus on other things, and I didn't want to regret playing the game when I knew my time could have been spent doing something else that would make my time worth it (like studying for certs for example). Thanks for sharing this with me. I would like to hear what other Madden folks have to say about it too.

EDIT: By the way, please feel free to convince me to get the game. Maybe I will just change my mind again, but this time I can go straight to the store. ;)
  • Options
    No hating here. I don't expect to play it a ton. I don't have a madden game for my ps3 yet so I need to have something on hand anyway. The $20 pre-order gift card is what made the sale for me. I still haven't played it again, but if I find that its awesome I'll let you know. (I never said that it was bad, just that I enjoyed playing some of the older versions more)