Network Engineer Interview

2»

Comments

• nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Shanman wrote: »
    Well I had my interview today and it went great! I took everybody's advice and was just myself and confident. There was no technical questions. It was all based on attitude and personality to see if I would be a good fit for their team. Everybody was great and like minded. There were even times when we were all laughing about different things you can see on the job and past experiences.

After the interview I was walked to the waiting room and the guy told me to sit and wait while he went back in the room with everybody. He was gone for 5 or 10 mins and I was thinking I might get an offer but he came back and said that I was under further consideration because they have a couple more candidates they are looking at and he would get back with me. He didn't give me a time frame but I am hoping I will here something next week and we can move on to salary negotiations. Hopefully it all works out. I will keep everybody posted on my progress. *fingers crossed*
    It happens like that sometimes but just be confident that you will be considered.
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • johnnyarksjohnnyarks Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck, hope u get it sounds like a nice gig.
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well I had my interview today and it went great! I took everybody's advice and was just myself and confident. There was no technical questions. It was all based on attitude and personality to see if I would be a good fit for their team. Everybody was great and like minded. There were even times when we were all laughing about different things you can see on the job and past experiences.

After the interview I was walked to the waiting room and the guy told me to sit and wait while he went back in the room with everybody. He was gone for 5 or 10 mins and I was thinking I might get an offer but he came back and said that I was under further consideration because they have a couple more candidates they are looking at and he would get back with me. He didn't give me a time frame but I am hoping I will here something next week and we can move on to salary negotiations. Hopefully it all works out. I will keep everybody posted on my progress. *fingers crossed*

I am wishing good vibes your way :)
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    Thanks... Still no word yet but I do have my fingers crossed.
    Thanks... Still no word yet but I do have my fingers crossed.
    don't worry you will get the job. icon_study.gif
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
    Is it common to email and thank for second interview as well?
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sure, I always email to thank them and express interest in the position.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Is it common to email and thank for second interview as well?
    yes. I'll advise you do so. I did though even after i was offered a job 2 days ago
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
    Well I just sent the thank you email. Tomorrow it will be one week since my interview. Still keeping my fingers crossed.
    Well unfortunately I have yet to hear from them. Tomorrow it will be two weeks since my second interview and I have not heard a peep from them. Oh well looks like I need to keep plugging away on my certs and school and keep my eyes open. At least it was a great experience.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well unfortunately I have yet to hear from them. Tomorrow it will be two weeks since my second interview and I have not heard a peep from them. Oh well looks like I need to keep plugging away on my certs and school and keep my eyes open. At least it was a great experience.

Sometimes company have a need and interview to see what is out there but the internal paperwork to sign off the hiring isn't complete yet. Other times the vacancy is there but it gets bumped due to things happening or not happening internally. They may get back to you. Meanwhile keep applying for jobs.