Options

Failed!!! ICND2

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Damn it, i was so content in putting my paycheck towards my credit card to clear off more of the tire-debt. Now I want a second go at it. I guess it's a third try... but no one but me is counting. I hope >.>

I'll see how I do in the practice test, after a long time not doing these things, i don't remember any answers so it'll be good again.

Thank you, ccnaomkar for ruining my credit score :P
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Testing this monday. Couldn't test friday, or tomorrow icon_sad.gif

Darned holiday.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Jpgonzal. You're quite right, and im glad someone had the balls to say "You suck" :P
    I thought the same thing when I seen my scores. It's why I wanted to know what did I miss. I didn't care about the answers at that point, but more so "What". Like I said, I had a good feeling throughout the entire test. I wasn't complicant - although, I almost did make two mistakes right away in the first two questions because I was thinking "easy peazy lemon squeezy". But then the second read over, and glancing I seen "Okay, that's not the answer. I need to slow down."

The Scores:
    47 -Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communications
    50 -Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirements in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network
    73 -Configure and troubleshoot basic operation and routing on Cisco devices.
    50 -Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network
    50 -Implement and verify WAN links.

I have a feeling that I bombed the simlets more so than anything else. If memory serves me correctly, which make up for the most points.

Your miles off Im afraid. I suggest you go dark and study hard for 4 months and then try again.
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    Your miles off Im afraid. I suggest you go dark and study hard for 4 months and then try again.

If I don't pass this time. Yeah.

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    If I don't pass this time. Yeah.

Do you honestly honestly honestly think you're going to pass this time? If not don't waste the money.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Yes. I do. Otherwise I wouldn't have spent 150 dollars willy nilly if I didn't feel up to the task.

Seeing the test the first time was still "Oh my god, im taking this test again. 9 years for this day". Not to mention all of the great luck I had last week :) I think mentally the test had more of an effect than ICND1. But now, it's more like an Exam. Not Life or Death.

• Options
    I guess I didn't fill you in with my day last week...

http://www.techexams.net/forums/off-topic/74712-stay-while-listen.html#post608859

Fun fill last week :P

• Options
    KPLCKPLC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck this time around!
  • Options
    Fiance just told me to get iTunes working on the computer.

I installed Linux Mint (It looked less-alien to her) on her laptop, so im working on getting iTunes on Wine for her.

I'll probably push back the date of the exam, just in case. Work has a matter that needs to be done before Next Monday so I won't have time to study.

Motivation for not sleeping on the floor every night the rest of the week for iTunes. I'd like to say I wear the pants, but given she knows how to bother me while I study... I quite like peace. :P

• Options
    Took the test bright and early today. 8:00. I went into the testing room yawning...

Still, I got asked questions for topics I've never read about. It was a "show" command that you may use if you pickup a real router.

I Didn't have a good feeling the entire way through the test. Coupled with the show command within the first couple questions and a few answers that just didn't sit well with me... urgh. horrible.

At the end of the test I was looking for the "Failed" notice. I couldn't find it, anywhere. I sat there for a couple minutes thinking. "I failed this, i did worse than last time. Where's the failed notice? I'm not seeing a word that's starting with "F". 832 - Is that my score? ...no. that's the score I needed, wheres my score? Did I pass? No, couldn't be. Where's the "Failed" word?

I went back and forth trying to prove my gut feeling, "I failed" so long the test administrator came in. When she walked in, it shook me out of it and I seen the words "Congratulations".

I passed. with a 832.

Even though I can say "I passed it". I've realized something all too well: I didn't feel satisfied.
    1) I've studied hard for this test, but the certification at this point didn't matter. All I craved was to go on further, to read about CCNP topics and to further explore the facets of networking.

I guess reading RFCs and studying MPLS, AToM made me realize "This is beyond awesome, and I don't know crap about this. I don't care about passing anymore. I just want to learn and experience everything." After 9 years, I passed this test that slipped through my fingers and left me with a scar all this time.

All that time and all I could do is say "I passed", with a smile. I'm sickened and disturbed because the destination proved to be lackluster. Whether a 1000, or a 826 score wouldn't have made it any better. More so, I planned on playing Skyrim, right after getting the certification - but I'm digging right back into the books and labs. I think I'm going to enjoy CCNP though :)

The Scores:
    47 to 93% -Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communications
    50 to 50% -Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirements in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network
    73 to 80% -Configure and troubleshoot basic operation and routing on Cisco devices.
    50 to 67% -Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network
    50 to 67% -Implement and verify WAN links.

And no, I didn't study switching at all. *shrugs*

• Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Great thread, and I'm happy to hear you passed.
  • Options
    xbuzzxbuzz Member Posts: 122
    Congratulations on the pass!
  • Options
    martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    congratulations, you really earned this one from what i read here in the thread.

but
    50 to 50% -Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirements in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network
    i guess you should work on that before you enter ccnp material ...
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • Options
    cpohladcpohlad Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    KPLCKPLC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Keep at it!
  • Options
    lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gif congrats on pass sir! well done! I encourage you to tackle your weak areas before moving up or job interview etc I think 20-40 hours of lab/sims/review will clear that up!

CONGRATS!!!!
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,
  • Options
    goalied00dgoalied00d Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice job dude!
  • Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!

So whats next ? ccnp or ccna security or ?
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • Options
    Going into CCNP. I find myself addicted to this material - more so than ICND2.

The CCNP gives a different way to look into things, which is a vastly different way than what I was expecting. And that's the entire reason the NP has got me hooked in the worst way. I have a Linux+ book waiting for me. I fear it's going to collect dust, or I'll read it for fun and not really study it for a certification.

The CCNP Route set the tone differently. From chapter 1, the certification seems to want you to have experience with managing persons. Wants you to be able to discuss plans, implementing, document. I got a real sense that this is what I wanted the CCNA to be. To prepare you to be a network engineer and not a person in the corner typing in commands. You're a man in a suit and tie, talking with big wigs, using politics, sipping on hot tea (I don't like coffee), and tossing hard questions to experts in voice, security, and the like about the design.

I want to earn my CCNP ROUTE and SWITCH. Jump onto the CCDA. finish CCNP with TSHOOT, and CCDP. I'll probably end up going for CCNA: Security before CCDP. CCIE is far too expensive for me to even think about labbing for. My work doesn't pay for tests, or materials. Im barely able to afford what I have :P

Honestly. I'm much more interested in the service provider section. I'm trying (and by trying I mean not at all) to find a job with an ISP as a network person. I feel a lot of loyality to my company, even though it's small, and more to my bosses. I think in some way, earning my cisco certifications might help out the company.

My ICND2 was a bit of a rush. I read through the book, without retaining. It was a mistake. I realized this, and read again, in smaller chunks. Labbed after the chapter. Again, a mistake. but highlighted while I read. I didn't take notes during this time. I used videos as a majority of my information and used the book to supplement.

This time around: 1) I watched CBT nugget's EIGRP videos first to get a general grasp of the material. 2) Reading a section by section, within a chapter. For example: EIGRP CCNA Review, which is within Chapter 2. 3) Taking notes (OneNote) on each section, commands, key output information. 4) Labbing the section, by creating a replica of the figures in GNS3.

My goal is to understand the subtle nuiances first, then go on. If I need to review atleast I've immersed myself with the topics to a point that I should be able to recall the topics far easier. It'll take longer, definitely. But I feel it's helping.

I passed school by fixing computers, not by studying. Teachers looked the other way and allowed me to goto the computer room instead. And College. Piff. I didn't try icon_sad.gif So Im developing study habits for the first time.

• Options
    THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you. you stuck with it. That is inspiration to me. I know the feeling when put time in studying and the outcome is Failed on a test. But in back in there and study hard again and passed is good. It shows determination. Something can be proud and tell interveiwers. Good luck to you.
    DOC
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I failed 3 times before finally passing today. My first attempt I really had no business taking it, I just thought I could wing it.
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    TommytrigerTommytriger Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What study material did you use to get NAT and ACL % up as this is my week point? trying to get CCNA done before 640-802 comes to an end. Oh and a very belated congrats on the CCNA pass :)