Options

Shoretel 12 Deploys on New Job?

darkerzdarkerz Member Posts: 431 ■■■■□□□□□□
Any tips or advice for a Shoretel deployment, perhaps some tricks to get things running nice? Just finished a week full of downed T1's/DS3's, routing issues, commanding ILECS, frustration with Century Link and a split tunnel Ethernet/ MPLS connected multi-site network issue. Now, a VoIP deployment is thrown at me. Granted, I've received 1 week of training on it, but it's sort of daunting..

So, back on topic, anyone have any tips/best practices/things to avoid for VoIP deployments/Shoretel in general?

Thanks!
:twisted:

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've never managed ShoreTel, but worked at a company that used it. The biggest caveat that I remember is to make sure any updates to Windows are approved by Shoretel as being tested by them (I think they publish this info somewhere).
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    darkerz wrote: »
    Any tips or advice for a Shoretel deployment, perhaps some tricks to get things running nice? Just finished a week full of downed T1's/DS3's, routing issues, commanding ILECS, frustration with Century Link and a split tunnel Ethernet/ MPLS connected multi-site network issue. Now, a VoIP deployment is thrown at me. Granted, I've received 1 week of training on it, but it's sort of daunting..

So, back on topic, anyone have any tips/best practices/things to avoid for VoIP deployments/Shoretel in general?

Thanks!

Have a VAR put it in for you. Seriously, you don't want to own that turd.