Options

Where is Aux port? noobish question

DANMOH009DANMOH009 Member Posts: 241
Hi Guys, im just messing around with the cisco IOS and im looking at configuring the aux port on a 2621XM router, the problem is in the interface i cant find it!Basically i get to global config and type following: Router(config)#line ? First Line number console Primary terminal line vty Virtual terminalThe options i have are console, VTY and line number but where is the aux port?Do i need to connect something to the port first? (as far as i am aware i didnt think you had to because this could be configured before a modem like device was plugged in)Please point me to what im missingOh ye and the router defenetly has an aux port.Thanks againDan

Comments

• Options
    RakuraiRakurai Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    try line aux 0

Don't quote me..... using 2651xm in GNS3, no routers here icon_sad.gif
    should also be able to see it in show run:

line con 0
    exec-timeout 0 0
    logging synchronous
    line aux 0
    line vty 0 4
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    line aux 0
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Router(config)#line aux 0 ^% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.I am also using Packet tarcer on this one
  • Options
    martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    try

line aux 0
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • Options
    martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    DANMOH009 wrote: »
    Router(config)#line aux 0 ^% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.I am also using Packet tarcer on this one

aux 0 is not supported in pt
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • Options
    boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just opened up Packet Tracer--doesn't look like any of the routers have the option to configure the aux port. Probably not supported in Packet Tracer.
  • Options