Options

WGU - Challenging myself and Motivation Thread

saffyresaffyre Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,
I have been looking around the forum for a few months, ever since I started looking into going to WGU. I decided to start a forum to help motivate myself, get advice when needed, and maybe my story will be motivational to others as well, once I graduate.

Background:
I am 29, and got my Associates from a Brick and Mortar school, Bakersfield College, about a year ago, it was a very long and hard path to follow. It took me about 3 1/2 years to complete, and I had a 3.1 GPA. The length of time was due to having a full time job, wife, and child (she will be 3 in June). When I graduated, I was "finished" and sick of school. In January I started to look around town at options for Bachelor degrees, and realized I could not afford them, nor would I have the time to even try to go through school. I started to look at my online options, and found the large amount of sites talking badly about them. I then heard about WGU from a friend. He never went, but had heard about it on the news. I looked into it and I was stuck, I wanted to work towards my MCITP:EA anyways, and I had started on it already, but figured i'd continue at WGU. I was hooked and started the process at the end of March, completed all of the entry stuff, and was enrolled for the April 1st semester.

Job background:
I worked in the Geek Squad for 3 years (Boo, yes I know, I hate them too but it was a job.)
I've been a Computer and Network Consultant for the last 4 years, installing servers, network equipment, workstations, etc.

And on to the important WGU stuff:
I transferred in my associates degree, as well as my MCP for Operating systems (70-680).
I was given credit for the following classes:
WFV1, AGC1, BBC1, CLC1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, AXV1, CPV1, INC1, INC1, INT1, DFV1, GAC1, HHT1, DHV1, GAC1, HHT1, DHV1, CWV1, CSV1, QLT1, DEV1, BVC1, IWC1, IWT1.

The classes required:
12 Total:
CRV1, CTV1, CUV1, BOV1, BNC1, TPV1, AHV1, AIV1, BHV1, BIV1, SBT1, RCT1

WGU/My Challenge
I am challenging myself to complete a Bachelor's in 6 months - 1 year. I know I can attain this in 1 year, but at the pace I am currently going, I am on goal to complete everything in 6 months.

I wish everyone else who is working on their degrees the best of luck, and I will keep running updates every few weeks. Thanks to everyone interested enough to read my huge/long post, and I appreciate anyones kind words.
WGU Progress: Network Design and Management: started 04/12
Courses transfered: CSV1, WFV1, AGC1, BBC1, CLC1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, AXV1, CPV1, INC1, INT1, DFV1, GAC1, HHT1, DHV1, CWV1, QLT1, DEV1, BVC1, IWC1, IWT1 (64 CU) Courses Completed: CRV1, CTV1, CUV1, AHV1, AIV1, BHV1(30 CU)
Courses needed: BOV1, BNC1, TPV1, SBT1, RCT1 (20 CU)
Courses in progress: BIV1 (6 CU)

Comments

• Options
    Update for April 19th, 2012:
    School started on April 1st, and my first victim was CRV1 (Networks). I started studying on Sunday the 1st and continued through the week. I finished all of the course material on Thursday April 5th, and applied for my Scheduling. I received my Voucher that Friday, and scheduled for my Network+ to be taken on Monday April 9th. I was pretty confident with this test, as most of it was knowledge I already knew. I started working on my second class over the weekend, which was CTV1 (Security).

Monday came and I passed my network+ with 845/900, which finished my first class in 9 days. I continued studying on Security+ studying and finished all materials on Friday, April 13th. Since this class had some concepts I was unfamiliar with, I continued studying over the weekend. I received my Voucher on Monday, April 16th, and scheduled my test for Yesterday, April 18th. I took my Security plus with a passing score of 840/900.

This brings me to my current class, CUV1. This class is a dog, and I cannot get into Web Development. I find it so completely boring and just am not interested. I'm studying for a little bit, and then get so bored I am walking away from the computer and stopping. Anyone else having this issue, or have this issue with this class? I wish I could just get more motivated. I've been doing the course material for 2 days now and it's not due to a lack of knowledge, i know and understand Dreamweaver, Java, etc. I think it just has to do with my lack-of-care for web development in general.

Anyone have any suggestions that got you through this course?
    Courses transfered: CSV1, WFV1, AGC1, BBC1, CLC1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, AXV1, CPV1, INC1, INT1, DFV1, GAC1, HHT1, DHV1, CWV1, QLT1, DEV1, BVC1, IWC1, IWT1 (64 CU) Courses Completed: CRV1, CTV1, CUV1, AHV1, AIV1, BHV1(30 CU)
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    saffyre wrote: »
    Update for April 19th, 2012:
    School started on April 1st, and my first victim was CRV1 (Networks). I started studying on Sunday the 1st and continued through the week. I finished all of the course material on Thursday April 5th, and applied for my Scheduling. I received my Voucher that Friday, and scheduled for my Network+ to be taken on Monday April 9th. I was pretty confident with this test, as most of it was knowledge I already knew. I started working on my second class over the weekend, which was CTV1 (Security).

Monday came and I passed my network+ with 845/900, which finished my first class in 9 days. I continued studying on Security+ studying and finished all materials on Friday, April 13th. Since this class had some concepts I was unfamiliar with, I continued studying over the weekend. I received my Voucher on Monday, April 16th, and scheduled my test for Yesterday, April 18th. I took my Security plus with a passing score of 840/900.

This brings me to my current class, CUV1. This class is a dog, and I cannot get into Web Development. I find it so completely boring and just am not interested. I'm studying for a little bit, and then get so bored I am walking away from the computer and stopping. Anyone else having this issue, or have this issue with this class? I wish I could just get more motivated. I've been doing the course material for 2 days now and it's not due to a lack of knowledge, i know and understand Dreamweaver, Java, etc. I think it just has to do with my lack-of-care for web development in general.

Anyone have any suggestions that got you through this course?

Make yourself a goal to study for it a little each day. Set a timer for 30 minutes and then take a break. You could also study for another course that is more interesting to you. Your mentor can open up the course materials for other classes for you, without having to add the course to your AAV. I'd have them add AHV1 or the 640 exam for example. You could study both courses together. I am doing the TPV1 or Project+ and it's boring, too.
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    searched through my thread, http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/73130-wgu-challenge-finish-1-term.html, and found these entries:

I read through most of the giant textbook, skipping a couple of chapters on Flash.

After looking through the study guide, I skimmed over the section on Dreamweaver but there really wasn't anything new to be seen there. It has a couple of extra features over Expressions Web, but I prefer Expressions. I skimmed the first chapter of the section on Flash and just pulled out the main ideas. Then I skipped over to the section on Feeds. That's something you should read completely if you have never used an aggregator before. If you understand aggregators and feed burners, then you know all you need to. I honestly don't even remember anything else that was in the 2nd volume.

As usual the CIW study materials are way overkill for the actual exam. I read the first volume of the text book and skipped over to the exam study guide. Passed with an 84%. The practice exams are a fairly good representation of the types of questions you will see.

~~~~~~~~~

It is a lot of material to cover, but somewhere in the community David Kidd has a video intro to the class, follow that and you should be good, you really can skip all but the first chapter of Flash, which you can just skim for the key concepts and terms, and most of the 2nd volume can be skipped entirely.

The way I studied for all of the CIW courses was to print out ALL of the pdfs and collate them together. Then I just read through it like a text book, doing all the labs and review questions after each chapter.
  • Options
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Make yourself a goal to study for it a little each day. Set a timer for 30 minutes and then take a break. You could also study for another course that is more interesting to you. Your mentor can open up the course materials for other classes for you, without having to add the course to your AAV. I'd have them add AHV1 or the 640 exam for example. You could study both courses together. I am doing the TPV1 or Project+ and it's boring, too.

Great idea. I will have my mentor open up Active Directory for me, since before starting WGU I actually read through the entire Sybex book already, and was getting ready to go take the test as is on my own. I can probably go through the testout pretty quick on it, and it will give me something to get away from the web development, which is not my favorite.
    swild wrote: »
    searched through my thread, http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/73130-wgu-challenge-finish-1-term.html, and found these entries:

I read through most of the giant textbook, skipping a couple of chapters on Flash.

After looking through the study guide, I skimmed over the section on Dreamweaver but there really wasn't anything new to be seen there. It has a couple of extra features over Expressions Web, but I prefer Expressions. I skimmed the first chapter of the section on Flash and just pulled out the main ideas. Then I skipped over to the section on Feeds. That's something you should read completely if you have never used an aggregator before. If you understand aggregators and feed burners, then you know all you need to. I honestly don't even remember anything else that was in the 2nd volume.

As usual the CIW study materials are way overkill for the actual exam. I read the first volume of the text book and skipped over to the exam study guide. Passed with an 84%. The practice exams are a fairly good representation of the types of questions you will see.

~~~~~~~~~

It is a lot of material to cover, but somewhere in the community David Kidd has a video intro to the class, follow that and you should be good, you really can skip all but the first chapter of Flash, which you can just skim for the key concepts and terms, and most of the 2nd volume can be skipped entirely.

The way I studied for all of the CIW courses was to print out ALL of the pdfs and collate them together. Then I just read through it like a text book, doing all the labs and review questions after each chapter.

Thanks for the great words, I think I am going to print them all, and then I can take them around with me. I will have to read through your Forum as well... I was going through everything and doing all Labs, and then I found the video with David, and he pretty much says I don't need to do that... I'll give printing, and reading a try, and see how that goes, and also limit my study sessions to 30min - 1 hour... We shall see!
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips. I will be printing the chapters as you recommended, will allow me to get away from the PC, and just read as if it was a book. I learn better that way anyways. I'm also going to look through that Thread, seems like you have quite a few of the same experiences I am. Horrible class, and the Javascript one is going to be just as bad i'm sure, but I think the other classes should be a breeze because of my prior knowledge/interest in the subjects.

Thanks Psoasman, I spoke with my mentor, and sent in the request for material. She gave me some story about how she could get in trouble for it, yada yada yada. I have had a lot of trouble with my mentor, and her lack of belief. Each test I have told her I will have no trouble, and she keeps pushing back saying I haven't done enough studying, that I can't learn that fast, and that I will fail if I continue. Little to say, I barely passed with 840+'s on each test...... *psh*... She keeps giving me storys about how all IT majors get cocky about what they think they know, and try to go fast, but end up slowing down to a normal pace, and that I will "burn myself out"... my thought is... Aren't they supposed to motivate me, and not bring me down?
  • Options
    usagent27usagent27 Member Posts: 119
    Thanks for the tips. I will be printing the chapters as you recommended, will allow me to get away from the PC, and just read as if it was a book. I learn better that way anyways. I'm also going to look through that Thread, seems like you have quite a few of the same experiences I am. Horrible class, and the Javascript one is going to be just as bad i'm sure, but I think the other classes should be a breeze because of my prior knowledge/interest in the subjects.

Thanks Psoasman, I spoke with my mentor, and sent in the request for material. She gave me some story about how she could get in trouble for it, yada yada yada. I have had a lot of trouble with my mentor, and her lack of belief. Each test I have told her I will have no trouble, and she keeps pushing back saying I haven't done enough studying, that I can't learn that fast, and that I will fail if I continue. Little to say, I barely passed with 840+'s on each test...... *psh*... She keeps giving me storys about how all IT majors get cocky about what they think they know, and try to go fast, but end up slowing down to a normal pace, and that I will "burn myself out"... my thought is... Aren't they supposed to motivate me, and not bring me down?

are her initials LH?
    WGU Progress: started 03/01/12-08/31/12
    Courses transfered: AVX1, CPV1, AGC1, BBC1, CLC1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, INC1, INT1, BVC1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1
    Courses Completed: WFV1, CWV1, MGC1,CRV1, BNC1, DEV1, CTV1, DHV1, DIV1, TPV1, RIT1, Cuv1, BOV1, KET1, CJV1, CVV1, DJV1, SBT1,QZT1, DFV1,KFT1
    Completed in one term
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828

Two points.

First: The MTA Javascript test was really hard for me. I would say the hardest exam I have taken at WGU. I wish I would have taken it last of all the programming classes.

Second: I am having issues with my mentor as well. My "Fast Start Mentor" was wonderful. I told her that I wanted to complete 60 CUs in one term and she told me to go for it, and that she has seen her students do as many as 45 in one term. I completed more than 30 CUs those first 3 months and was enrolled in an additional 8 CUs at the end of that time. At one point, while I was waiting on scores to be officially recorded, I had 18 CUs in my AAV at once.

My current mentor is not as good. I have had to push to get classes added. One thing I hate is waiting to be enrolled in the learning resources. Before, I would have a class added a week before I planned to start in on it so that I could get all the learning resources in place.

Now this week, my mentor took the week off for "personal time." So I am having to ask the mentor that is covering for her to add classes to my AAV and he will not add any until he sees a passing score report. Now that I have passed and it is Friday afternoon, I will probably not have any learning resources to use this weekend.
  • Options
    swild wrote: »
    Two points.

First: The MTA Javascript test was really hard for me. I would say the hardest exam I have taken at WGU. I wish I would have taken it last of all the programming classes.

Second: I am having issues with my mentor as well. My "Fast Start Mentor" was wonderful. I told her that I wanted to complete 60 CUs in one term and she told me to go for it, and that she has seen her students do as many as 45 in one term. I completed more than 30 CUs those first 3 months and was enrolled in an additional 8 CUs at the end of that time. At one point, while I was waiting on scores to be officially recorded, I had 18 CUs in my AAV at once.

My current mentor is not as good. I have had to push to get classes added. One thing I hate is waiting to be enrolled in the learning resources. Before, I would have a class added a week before I planned to start in on it so that I could get all the learning resources in place.

Now this week, my mentor took the week off for "personal time." So I am having to ask the mentor that is covering for her to add classes to my AAV and he will not add any until he sees a passing score report. Now that I have passed and it is Friday afternoon, I will probably not have any learning resources to use this weekend.

Sounds rough, i plan to wait for Java until last myself. I am aiming for *ATLEAST* 3 of my MCITP classes done, and then I will only have 1 more for next semester. My mentor is not that bad, and I am probably just taking her kind-hearted-ness a bit wrong, she really is sweet, but there isn't really much she can do to help me either. Before I started WGU, I was told my personal Course mentor was a "Expert" in the IT field, but, they aren't at all, so I feel like i'm a bit on my own. My mentor is not anywhere near as bad as waiting until I get things turned in, but I make sure when I pass the test I CC her on the Certification scores, etc. She has given me more learning resources before I was completely finished with another class, but I am also only 20 days into the course, and planning to take my CIW test by next week/the following week at the latest. After that point, I will need more classes added and who knows what will happen then, or if she won't want to add them.
  • Options
    usagent27 wrote: »
    are her initials LH?
    Great guess, i'm guessing you are in the same situation?
  • Options
    KeithCKeithC Member Posts: 147
    I believe you can contact student services to get enrolled in learning resources (I think they are open every day) (but not classes). If you feel your mentor is holding you back then get a new one!
  • Options
    KeithC wrote: »
    I believe you can contact student services to get enrolled in learning resources (I think they are open every day) (but not classes). If you feel your mentor is holding you back then get a new one!
    Thinking I might end up doing that. Reading on some of usagent27's previous posts, I see he is having the same issues I am. Maybe I can get a mentor who actually is in the IT field.
  • Options
    Thinking I might end up doing that. Reading on some of usagent27's previous posts, I see he is having the same issues I am. Maybe I can get a mentor who actually is in the IT field.

i had the same issue with her. i called student services and was assigned a new mentor Don Cook. He is awesome! he approves whatever i want and is letting me go at my pace. so far i have completed 8 classes since 03/01.

if i was you i would call.... if you want to talk more shoot me a pm
    Courses transfered: AVX1, CPV1, AGC1, BBC1, CLC1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, INC1, INT1, BVC1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1
    Courses Completed: WFV1, CWV1, MGC1,CRV1, BNC1, DEV1, CTV1, DHV1, DIV1, TPV1, RIT1, Cuv1, BOV1, KET1, CJV1, CVV1, DJV1, SBT1,QZT1, DFV1,KFT1
    Completed in one term
  • Options
    Update April 23, 2012:
    Well, I finished reading the entire book over the weekend, and am awaiting my voucher. My mentor approved everything over the weekend for me, (weird, she never works the weekend)... I also was given my testout and ucertify for active directory, and was not added to the class. My mentor wants to wait to officially add me to the class until the other classes push through the system. Once I read everyones suggestions, I was quite a bit more motivated, and the class got a bit more interesting. Thanks everyone! I plan to schedule the CIW class for this wednesday, and that will make 3 classes in 25 days.

On a different note, I need to get access to PM's and signatures... Anything special I need to do to get that, or just 10 posts? Or what?
  • Options
    Update April 23, 2012:
    Well, I finished reading the entire book over the weekend, and am awaiting my voucher. My mentor approved everything over the weekend for me, (weird, she never works the weekend)... I also was given my testout and ucertify for active directory, and was not added to the class. My mentor wants to wait to officially add me to the class until the other classes push through the system. Once I read everyones suggestions, I was quite a bit more motivated, and the class got a bit more interesting. Thanks everyone! I plan to schedule the CIW class for this wednesday, and that will make 3 classes in 25 days.

On a different note, I need to get access to PM's and signatures... Anything special I need to do to get that, or just 10 posts? Or what?

You can enable the PM function or webmaster can enable for you. I think it might be 20 posts? before it's enabled.

Some mentors will work over the weekend. Mine has responded to emails and opened up stuff for me. It's nice that they can open up the resources for you, without having to add the class to the AAV. That works well if you are in your last month, but don't want to take a chance on not passing a course.
  • Options
    Update April 23, 2012:

you will be fine with the CIW course it was easy. Good luck with your mentor...remember they work for you. don't let her hold you back. that was the whole reason i switched.
    Completed in one term
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips. I wonder if the mentors ever hear about posts on this forum, because for some reason my mentor has changed her entire approach after I started this thread. She hasn't talked down *AT ALL*.. She gave me access to things she has told me she couldn't do, etc. She even made a comment how she thinks I may be her first student to finish AS to BS in 1 term... Weird...

Whatever works. Been studying for the CIW a bit more, which I take tommorrow, and then getting ready to start on my Active Directory testout material. Is the testout stuff any good for the AD class? I liked it in the Network+ and Security+.. Can care less for the ucertify stuff, doesn't work very well for me. Already read through the Sybex AD book, so i'm not too worried.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips. I wonder if the mentors ever hear about posts on this forum, because for some reason my mentor has changed her entire approach after I started this thread. She hasn't talked down *AT ALL*.. She gave me access to things she has told me she couldn't do, etc. She even made a comment how she thinks I may be her first student to finish AS to BS in 1 term... Weird...

Whatever works. Been studying for the CIW a bit more, which I take tomorrow, and then getting ready to start on my Active Directory testout material. Is the testout stuff any good for the AD class? I liked it in the Network+ and Security+.. Can care less for the ucertify stuff, doesn't work very well for me. Already read through the Sybex AD book, so i'm not too worried.

I'm sure some of the mentors may read some posts here. That said, I think you also proved yourself, getting those courses done already. Your mentor may also be newer or being cautious. A student on FA could get themselves in trouble by adding too many courses to their AAV and not passing. And, with the time to get the voucher, mandatory wait times, your term can go by quickly.

LabSim is ok for the 640. I copied all the "Facts" into Word and printed them out for study guides. The hands-on parts are good, too.

uCertify sucks for the exams. The questions are poorly-worded, misspelled, missing information, etc. I'd stick with the LabSim questions and the ones with the MS press book. SelfTest software is very nice.

The MS press book is solid for this exam, but its big at almost 1,000 pages. I read through the Sybex book, but thought it was light on some topics. Technet filled in the blanks.
  • Options
    Psoasman wrote: »
    I'm sure some of the mentors may read some posts here. That said, I think you also proved yourself, getting those courses done already. Your mentor may also be newer or being cautious. A student on FA could get themselves in trouble by adding too many courses to their AAV and not passing. And, with the time to get the voucher, mandatory wait times, your term can go by quickly.

LabSim is ok for the 640. I copied all the "Facts" into Word and printed them out for study guides. The hands-on parts are good, too.

uCertify sucks for the exams. The questions are poorly-worded, misspelled, missing information, etc. I'd stick with the LabSim questions and the ones with the MS press book. SelfTest software is very nice.

The MS press book is solid for this exam, but its big at almost 1,000 pages. I read through the Sybex book, but thought it was light on some topics. Technet filled in the blanks.

You are awesome! Is the MS Press book part of Books 24x7, or will I need to purchase it seperately? I haven't looked at my book offers yet.
  • Options
    I would just buy it. Amazon has it for around $35. That way you get the CD with ebook, practice exams, etc. The book is on Books 24x7, too.
  • Options
    Update April 25th, 2012:
    Took my test for CUV1. CIW Web Design Specialist (1D0-520). Passed with a 84%, but i'm not very interested in this subject and really didn't study much. On to Active Directory (70-640). I think 2 weeks should be enough time for this class. I think I might be able to get AS to BS in 1 term. Start date April 1st, Term finished, April 25th. Three cert's complete, 6 to go.... 4 Microsoft, 1 CIW, 1 Comptia. 3 Classes that aren't certs and i'll be complete!
    25 days down, 158 days to go. 3 classes down, 9 classes to go.
  • Options
    itsgonnahappenitsgonnahappen Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow, you're blazing through it. I'm pushing for you as I'm in a similar position, but I haven't yet started my path at WGU.

Are you in the Network Design and Management Program?
  • Options
    xXClockworkxXClockwork Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats so far. I will be graduating with a Security associates in about 2 weeks. Looking to jump right into WGU.
  • Options
    Wow, you're blazing through it. I'm pushing for you as I'm in a similar position, but I haven't yet started my path at WGU.

Are you in the Network Design and Management Program?

Yes, ND & M, and loving it... I was planning to go for the new network masters program that came out, but I was informed yesterday by a counselor that it does not include ANY certs... Is it wrong of me to expect it to? I kinda want to go for the Security Masters because it would get me started with the Cisco certs, but i'd prefer to stay in the Network field, funner.. My goal is for my CCIE in 3 years ;).... Is it worth it for the masters?
  • Options
    Good luck, this school is amazing and worth it! I'm loving it...
  • Options
    Update Tuesday May 1, 2012:
    I've been moving along, after passing my CIW: Web Design Specialist, my scores were accepted and I was added to Directory Services Friday. I immediately scheduled for my voucher and I received it today. I am scheduling to take the 70-640 on Tuesday, and then on the Network Design 70-642 :).... I'm feeling much more prepared for Active Directory, as it is my field of work, and I work in Active Directory all day long, within about 100 different environments. Installing new AD environments for new clients, etc. Network should be a snap too. I gave myself 2 weeks, as I want to make sure that I am ready for this test, because there is quite a bit of material, and CA is rough :)...

I've came up with a few goals over the past week:
    I'm aiming for a 1 term AS to BS, and I am on track to complete it. I am not expecting any snags, except for the CIW Java.
    3 years to have my CCIE.
    Thoughts?
  • Options
    Update May 4th 2012,
    I was just looking at my coursework classes, and they just recently switched from test out.com to this wiley plus stuff. Anyone had the chance to use it? I have the test out resources, and my test is on Tuesday, so unless I fail there is no point in me picking it up for Directory Services, but it's showing as the new learning resources for all of the other MCITP classes too. Anyone else notice this?
  • Options
    KronesKrones Member Posts: 164
    Yea, if you check the sticky threads a few people have responded about the change. A lot of the opinion is currently unfavorable as LabSim seemed sufficient enough so why change it? Personally, I am not a WGU student but have taken 4 MOAC courses through my local community college. I do not have any LabSim experience so cannot make a fair comparison between the two. My biggest gripe is that the MOAC content is the material I use is not updated for R2 content, but according to another poster they have addendum files that do provide updated R2 content.

I think you have a solid plan and I will be reading your updates. :)
    WGU - Security
    Current: Start date Sept 1. Remaining:
    CUV1, BOV1, CJV1, CVV1, KET1, KFT1, DFV1, TPV1, BNC1, RIT1, DHV1, CSV1, COV1, CQV1, CNV1, SBT1, RGT1 Completed:
    AXV1, CPV1, CTV1 Transferred: AGC1, BBC1, LAE1, QBT1, LUT1, GAC1/HHT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, BVC1, CLC1, WFV1, DJV1
  • Options
    So I was looking at the MOAC stuff, and really don't like it much, but I didn't pay much attention to this before..... Did anyone recently take the active directory test? Was their test the 73-640, or the 70-640. I wasn't paying much attention, and I was told to register the 73-640 test. I take it on Tuesday, but I was just wondering if the tests were the same, they have the same name, but I want to make sure the material is the same.... Anyone know?
  • Options
    So I was looking at the MOAC stuff, and really don't like it much, but I didn't pay much attention to this before..... Did anyone recently take the active directory test? Was their test the 73-640, or the 70-640. I wasn't paying much attention, and I was told to register the 73-640 test. I take it on Tuesday, but I was just wondering if the tests were the same, they have the same name, but I want to make sure the material is the same.... Anyone know?

The 73-640 is for the Microsoft IT Academy exams. It's the same as the 70-640, just cheaper. If you were to need to retake the exam, it would cost you $72 instead of $150. WGU pays for the first 2 attempts, so most people are good.
  • Options
    Thanks Psoas, It sounded like it was the same test, but I was looking it up online and got scared because it says on some webpages that the 73-640 is all simulations, instead of questions.... Figured i'd ask and see if anyone else knew better, as it didn't sound right to me.